73 votes24 comments · Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions » API · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
We have started investigating the use cases around providing a click performance report by MSCLKID. Please let us know if and how you use this report in other ad platforms today as well as how it does or does not meet your needs.Anonymous commented
• Ability to download click performance reports to obtain performance metrics by click id.
• Ability to cookie users with click id’s and combine platform performance with internal performance metrics.
• Gain a stronger, more granular understanding of which keywords/adverts result in conversions (will likely increase investment in a platform).
• Greater understanding of ROI for specific campaigns.
• Ability to test the impact of granular changes in ad text.
• Google AdWords allows dynamic insertion of click id’s into adverts - supported by Bing.
• AdWords also allows companies to download the performance of these click id’s (such as cost, average position, device etc.) – Not supported by Bing.
• AdWords allows users to upload offline conversions associated to the click id’s – supported by Bing.
As the above points mention, most of the technology is already supported by Bing, although the crucial middle step for understanding the value of offline conversions is not supported. It is possible to upload the conversions into Bing platform, however companies who are not able to share conversion data with 3rd parties will not be able to understand the performance of the clicks. It is also important for companies that wish to build applications combining sensitive internal data.
If you need any further information on what the click performance report should look like, please let me know. I have attached a link to the relevant AdWords API documentation.Anonymous commented
The suggestion is to add the functionality of click performance report (similar to AdWords: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/click-performance-report). This means from the msclkid it would be possible to see Bing platform metrics such as spend, impressions, keyword etc. This would allow advertisers to tie the conversion from the msclkid to the spend in the click performance report.