Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the login more simple. No need for two page login.

Keep it simple and don't over complicate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow bulk editing of param1 field

There is currently no way to bulk update (add, change or delete) the Param1 field in the Keyword view. Please add this functionality to work like updating Dest URL, bids, etc. Until then, I'll be selecting them manually and making my changes - big waste of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Clearly stating an applied coupon will expire on a date and an email sent to use prior to expiration as a warning

Clearly stating an applied coupon will expire on a particular date and an email sent to user prior to expiration date as a warning.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Issue with Bing Ads.

My case is, I want the CampaignPerformance data as a response(List data), not the file, so that I can save that data to my database.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Generate access token on the fly by loggin in only once

I need some way in bing ads API from where a user can login only once and can create the new access token every time when he/she needs to access the campaigns from API. It should not ask the user to login again. Maybe some code or something to the user will be provided to me on first login which I will save for later use and use the same to create the new access token from the second time onwards.

Facebook provides similar functioanlity.

I am using PHP as my scripting language.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Paging for GetLinkedAccountsAndCustomersInfo

The GetLinkedAccountsAndCustomersInfo operation could potentially return thousands of linked accounts, so let's please consider adding Paging similar to SearchClientLinks.

Background:
    There isn't a technical limitation on ad account links under one manager account. In an agency hierarchy, we do only support 5 levels of depth for manager account to manager account links, but at each level (L1, L2, L3, L4, L5) a manager account could link to any number of manager accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable feature to fetch parent level tracking template in Keyword Performance report

Ability to fetch either campaign level or ad group level tracking templates within keyword performance report.

We currently use tracking templates to store reporting parameters and not being able to pull this in via keyword performance report adds another process to our data ingestion process - you would have to download an Ad Group performance report with tracking template and then VLookUp against the keyword performance report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Server-Side API for web

We currently using universal collect tag to collect all event tracking and send it to all our supporting ad/social/re-targeting vendors.We can use the server-side API to:

>Measure customer actions in more ways. For example, you can share delayed values, user scores or lead scores and use them for optimization in our other business tools.

>Improve reliability to send events for measurement and optimization when used along with the pixel. The server-side API will help capture events that may be lost due to problems like poor network connectivity or long page load times.

>Control the data you share. You can include…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow to fetch data according to filter

Can we add a feature which allows to fetch ads/keywords for which finalURL is not in specified list?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow to fetch all Ads/Keywords available in the account

Curerently Bing does not provide any API using which we can fetch all ads/keywords available in the account in one go.

To fetch all keywords/Ads available in the account we need to fetch campaigns/ad groups and then ads/keywords, which increases API calls.

Can we add an API to fetch all ads/keywords available in accuont?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Does Bing Ads have endpoints that work with GET and POST?

I was able to do oauth flow a few weeks ago. Totally confused by the docs because they do not show how to use the returned keys in GET or POST requests to their server. Seems like only code examples that need a whole directory to get running.

Check this out:
    https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/companies/get-all-companies

This is the way most API docs look and is very helpful.

It tells me
    1) I need to use the oauth token in the header
    Authorization: Bearer {token} header.

HOW DO I USE THE ACCESS TOKEN I GOT BACK FROM OAUTH?

2) The exact URI endpoint and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SearchQueryPerformanceReport should include "other" for data completeness

When running a SearchQueryPerformanceReport or KeywordPerformanceReport, I get the desired list of items.

However, if I, for example, sum the Impressions, they don't match the number I see in the dashboard.

This is because the API doesn't report on all of the search terms or doesn't have search terms for some impressions.

I argue it will be better to include these as "other" so we can run just the "search terms" report, and sum all the way up from there, instead of running 4 different reports (SearchQuery, Keyword, AdGroup, Campaign) and then have a postprocessing step that takes the high…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get Keywords and Creatives by Campaign Id

Is there a way of getting keywords and creatives by campaign id? If not, can it be added?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the metric "Absolute top of page" in the Auction Insight.

Add the metric "Absolute top of page" in the Auction Insight.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Goals and Funnel Report for DSA Campaigns

Need to check the stats for Conversions Goals for DSA Campaigns in Goals and Funnel report. Currently the goals report only include stats for Search and Audience campaigns, Shopping and DSA campaigns are not currently supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Interface

Hi,

Interface is crashing while changing column in firefox & IE.
    Your interface resolution is fixed it will be more better if its flexible. It should be as per the user resolution (device responsive).
    In current time max user is using at laptop most common screen size is 16.5 inch of screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pretty please, redesign the Java API from scratch.

Dunno whoever designed the Java API, but it's plain horrible. Hire someone who can write proper Java code (and knows what SOAP is).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Java 11 client library dependency updates

I think the dependencies in the project still need to be updated for Java 11 since some of the artifacts have been renamed. Specifically I think they should be changed with the diff below. This replaces the javax.xml.ws classes with the new jakarta libraries that only contain the APIs. In addition, it removes the jaxws-ri reference implementation. The problem we have with the reference implementation is that the jar file contains a file META-INF/services/javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider that specifies “com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl” as the SOAP provider. When we also include CXF, it becomes non-deterministic as to which SOAP provider is chosen, and we can no…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. java 11 support

Bing ads API is failing with exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.internal.ws.spi.ProviderImpl. Please release a JDK11 compatible library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Implement negativeKeywords() on NegativeKeywordList in Scripts API

Currently, I can't find a way to list the keywords in a shared NegativeKeywordList.

This is the method in Google Ads scripts:
    https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/reference/adsapp/adsappnegativekeywordlist#negativeKeywords0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base