Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow end date on campaign level

Right now, the only option for setting an end date is on the ad group level. While you can set this in bulk, it's a bit unwieldy when you simply want a whole campaign to end at the same time. AdWords allows you to set an end date for a campaign, and Bing Ads should as well

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Image extensions

Increase max. limit for Image Extensions per Account.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop dropping words from exact match keywords

Bing has started dropping words from exact match terms and calling it under 'same search intent'. For example, they are dropping PURCHASE intent keywords like buy, order, online, ship, delivery and mapping it to the root words.

For example, the keyword 'buy sticky toffee pudding' will show for the search 'sticky toffee pudding' because they say the intent is the same. The data I have absolutely differs - people do not convert on the root word, or if they do, it's a rate that makes the ROAS exceptionally poor.

Also, Google does not do this. They do not drop words…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Combinations for Audiences

I'd like to be able to create Custom Combinations for Audiences in Bing Ads.

At the moment I have lists set up for 30, 90 and 180 days duration, but I'd like to combine these as some users will fall into all 3 lists.

I'd love to be able to create a list for users who came to my site between 31-90 and 91-180 days ago - as I want to bid differently on them vs my 30 day audience.

The ability to create custom combinations using and/or/excluding would be a huge help - as you could also create a…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  dareo responded

This functionality should be available before the end of the year.

5. 34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Imported Changes to Be Reviewed BEFORE Posting

How is it ever a good idea to post changes directly to Bing without any way to review the change? In addition, after importing and automatically posting I then have to re-download the account to see the changes that were just made. This requires more time than the old import function and is dangerous, as I have to post live campaigns before I can see whether or not I actually want to run them.

Without any way to turn off this new "improved" functionality, I am now required to handle all imports with csv files which is slower than the…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added an additional option for you to download locally under Tools → Options → Defaults. Note that, this workaround doesn’t offer the full benefit of server based import as the released version as below -

• Id mapping of campaigns – Tight mapping with Google campaigns based on IDs so there are no missed or duplicate campaigns
    • Scale – Ability to import large accounts
    • Background import that lets you work on other operations as import is in progress
    • Schedules – Creating future recurring imports from editor.

For campaigns that require little or no review, we would recommend a server based import to take advantage of these benefits. In cases where you would like a more hands on preview approach you can use the local download option. You can switch between these options easily between imports based on your needs. If you have further questions or…

7. Editable Action Text for Action Extensions

We're a B2B company and would like to add CTAs like "View Demo" or "Get A Guided Tour" in the Action Extensions. It would be great if we could edit the text within a specific character limit so that we can add more relevant and targeted action text.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. custom formula columns

Integration of Custom Formula columns will allow for unique metrics, or measurement that is unavailable otherwise but regularly manipulated/created in Excel (ie % of total spend, or conversions. etc.) This is Google (and Search Ads 360) parity.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  7 comments  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Average Household Income Geo-Targeting

AdWords has rolled out for the USA a demographic geo-targeting based on Average Household Income which has proved very for specific products as it allows to target specific areas inside the USA which have a certain average income. This setting is very valuable and it allows to apply bid modifiers to the brackets of the population with the highest CR and the best ROI, as well as excluding the worst performing brackets.

It would be fantastic if Bing introduces this particular setting

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  dareo responded

We’ve started investigating this feature. In Adwords this feature seems to be geographical location based (e.g. assume everyone in Beverly Hills, CA 90210 is rich). Does this assumption work for your needs?

10. Add more language support or a bypass of the symbol and language limitions when targeting specific countries.

A lot of advertisers may want to only show ads in specific countries (eg. Lithuania), and the available language options aren't enough. I understand that adding more language support would take a long time, so I'm suggesting a sort of bypass of the available languages. If you're only showing your ads in one country, you could just select an option that allows you to use the main language of the targeted country. Those ads could still be checked by the system for basic grammar and certain symbols, but the final verification could be done manually.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Accept Prepaid Card for pyament

Hello Everyone,

This is Sabbir, I am from Bangladesh.

Where I live, paypal is not available and the best method for payment is prepaid card. But sorry to say, bing ads do not support this option. So I have to go with a long hassle of bank transfer. Believe me it just made me slow now. Now I have to go to bank, make sure I add the proper identifier so that the fund can be added to my account. It is time consuming and now I am not sure when I will be able to do it.

So, people…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable Paypal In Vietnam, Or At Least Include VND as Currency

Charging on cards and Not Paypal, combined with Vietnamese users cannot use VND to pay create A LOT of fees for us. That's twice the conversion rates for the currency each time we pay Bing ads (having spent $1k here, that's quite a bit of fees). So I suggest we enable Paypal in VN, or at least, include VND as a currency that we can pay!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. IP Address exclusion using Bing API

I need the ability to exclude IP address using API so please consider this as a feature request and help us to automate the ip exclusion process. Thanks

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hebrew language support is needed for your customers in Israel and Jews in the rest of the world.

Hebrew language support is needed for your customers in Israel and Jews in the rest of the world.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Ad Formats / Ad Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bulk Image Extension Upload

Ability to upload the same image extension to multiple campaigns

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In the IP exclusion list, please accept the standard CIDR notation for ranges, like 123.45.0.0/16 or 12.34.56.0/20

In the IP exclusion list, please accept the standard CIDR notation for ranges, like 123.45.0.0/16 or 12.34.56.0/20

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a program similar to Google's Advanced Verification in order to eliminate spam

Google has implemented a program called Advanced Verification to eliminate spam in two industries: garage door companies and locksmiths (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7167635?hl=en). Bing should develop a similar solution in order to improve quality control.

Before Advanced Verification, spammy companies like GDS, called "the worst garage door company in the nation" (http://www.dasma.com/articles/feature/gds-the%20worst_fall2015.pdf), would outbid local garage door companies, since it subcontracts out work and, lacking physical locations throughout the country, has much lower overhead costs. The company has also been accused of overcharging customers, and one of its technicians even plead guilty to felonies (http://www.dasma.com/articles/feature/GDS_Technician_Guilty_Fall2017.pdf). Just as…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix The Exact Match Keyword Update (Synonyms?)

Bing needs to fix the recent exact match keyword update. The new update essentially makes exact match keywords useless. With the new update, exact keywords can match to synonyms which does NOT allow advertisers to show the most relevant ad to someone searching on Bing.

For us, this has resulted in a lower return on investment and higher advertising spend.

For those not familiar, Bing's new update allows for reordering, stop/function word dropping, implied words/ same search intent, and synonyms (NEW). The update was designed to follow Googles new update for exact match keywords. Unfortunately, the parity is far from…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bing Product Ads (shopping) for Netherlands

Bing Product Ads (shopping campaigns) for Netherlands

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shopping/Product Ads/Merchant Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base