Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need Ability to Block more than 100 IP Addresses or subnets.

I need the ability to block more than 100 IP Addresses and subnets. This stems from the fact that you can not target mobile ads based on carriers. What I've been doing is placing a filter on my mobile ads to block out other carrier traffic. The problem is I've amassed over 100 ip address ranges and your exclusion tool only allows me to block 100 ip addresses. I need the ability to block at least double that amount. Maybe 500 ip address is a nice round number.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We do not plan to extend our IP address blocking functionality at this time given the current limits work for the majority of users

2. comments

I would like to see Bing Ads Editor add a local comments field, like AdWords Editor has. I find it very valuable when I can leave comments when I'm editing, because I can come back in the future to see what was previously done.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Account owners should be able to remove an agency managing their account themselves

Account owners should be able to remove any agency managing the account on behalf the owner without having to ask the agency to remove themselves. The fact that account owners don't currently have that ability is concerning.

The current process is that the account owner has to go to the agency and ask that their account be released.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. custom formula columns

Integration of Custom Formula columns will allow for unique metrics, or measurement that is unavailable otherwise but regularly manipulated/created in Excel (ie % of total spend, or conversions. etc.) This is Google (and Search Ads 360) parity.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make API call to get Json Response

Make API call to get Json Response instead of donwloading a zip file

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the option to link Bing Places accounts with Bing Ads accounts

Allow the option to link Bing places accounts with Bing Ads accounts so that brands with a large number of business can create localized campaigns without having to manually enter location extensions. Google already allows this option, so if Bing wants to be a competitor, this is a feature that needs to be available.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Tell us more  ·  dareo responded

We have started to investigate providing this option. Can you share more details about how you’d expect the integration between Bing Places and Bing Ads to work given your experience with other platforms?

7. Fix The Exact Match Keyword Update (Synonyms?)

Bing needs to fix the recent exact match keyword update. The new update essentially makes exact match keywords useless. With the new update, exact keywords can match to synonyms which does NOT allow advertisers to show the most relevant ad to someone searching on Bing.

For us, this has resulted in a lower return on investment and higher advertising spend.

For those not familiar, Bing's new update allows for reordering, stop/function word dropping, implied words/ same search intent, and synonyms (NEW). The update was designed to follow Googles new update for exact match keywords. Unfortunately, the parity is far from…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Match Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate your feedback. We do not currently have plans to roll back the update to exact match, which included synonyms/implied words/same search intent. Our algorithms are constantly learning to improve the matching quality and we closely track close variant performance. For many advertisers, we have seen lower CPAs and higher CTRs for EEM compared to True Exact. It should also be noted that we will prefer true exact matches over any close variant where applicable. We will continue to monitor close variant quality as well as incorporate your feedback into our planning around any algorithm changes. We encourage you to continue to open support tickets if you are dissatisfied with the traffic your campaigns are receiving.

8. Add a column to manage different conversion Steps

I really like the possibility of having different customizable conversion steps (like browsing, prospects) that are different from the transactional conversion. This is really useful.

But I see the only way to access this information is by making a report. On this report you have to tick "KW" so that you know which Keyword, adgroup and campaign triggeered those "mini-conversions".

The idea is that this gives you a way to optimize when transactional conversions are not present. It would be great to have them directly on the management interface available on a column, for those who need it.

Same for…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Email Extension

Currently, there is a call extension present in Bing Ads. This being especially an advantage for mobile users, it might be an idea to work on a communication extension that is very easy accessible and approachable for tablet, mobile devices and pc users. In short, this is the idea: email extensions. They would appear in the ad, and the costumer can click on them, which could potentially lead him/her directly to Outlook or other email applications. In this email, the company's email address would be filled in already. This way, companies can control which ads show which email address, so…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not in our plans right now  ·  1 comment  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Editable Action Text for Action Extensions

We're a B2B company and would like to add CTAs like "View Demo" or "Get A Guided Tour" in the Action Extensions. It would be great if we could edit the text within a specific character limit so that we can add more relevant and targeted action text.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add russian language

Please, add russian language to ads

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give The Debit Card Option For India

Hi enable the Debit Card Option For India.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to filter out zero-conversion rows from the ConversionPerformanceReport

Since conversions may happen up to 45 days after a click, we end up downloading a massive amount of records we don't need to.

Having that option would greatly save us and you bandwidth and potentially processing power serving that information.

This is a conversion report after all. In the majority of cases the user is only interested in records with a least one conversion.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add/update Campaign level audience association in Microsoft Advertising Editor

Campaign level audiences can be added or associate using Microsoft Advertising UI. In Microsoft Advertising Editor, you can only add or update Ad group level audiences.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show ads in South Africa

Show your ads in South africa

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow end date on campaign level

Right now, the only option for setting an end date is on the ad group level. While you can set this in bulk, it's a bit unwieldy when you simply want a whole campaign to end at the same time. AdWords allows you to set an end date for a campaign, and Bing Ads should as well

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom Combinations for Audiences

I'd like to be able to create Custom Combinations for Audiences in Bing Ads.

At the moment I have lists set up for 30, 90 and 180 days duration, but I'd like to combine these as some users will fall into all 3 lists.

I'd love to be able to create a list for users who came to my site between 31-90 and 91-180 days ago - as I want to bid differently on them vs my 30 day audience.

The ability to create custom combinations using and/or/excluding would be a huge help - as you could also create a…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Broad Match Modifier Workability

Please can you add an option to change broad match keywords to BMM without having to delete and re-upload them. OR, break away from what Google do and have BMM as its own match type

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Match Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it possible to make an adult account for the Netherlands

At the moment its possible to get an adult account for the following countries: Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom, United States and Taiwan. Why is it still not possible to get an adult account for the Dutch market. Please make this happen

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Performance Filters to Product Dimension Performance Reports (and other Performance Reports)

It would be amazing if the Product Dimension Performance Report via API had filtering options for metrics such as clicks > 0 or conversions > 0. This would greatly reduce the size of some of these reports and make them less taxing while bringing Bing to parity with Google, where this is already an option.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base