Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When Prepaying, Don't Hold Extra Dollar.

I prepay for my ads. This way I can avoid overdrafts on my bank account. Recently I received an overdraft fee when I knew that I had enough to cover it. After looking into the matter, my bank informed me that Microsoft Adcenter has been charging for the proper amount PLUS $1.00! This extra $1.00 is just a hold. Microsoft does not actually take the money, but if you allow your account to stay at a minimum to get the job done, this can cause overdrafts, even though you will never really overdraft. Why on earth does Microsoft feel the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. D

Dear Bing Ads, a suggestion... when a customer imports their Google ad, instead of making it "live" immediately upon completion of import, how about creating a pop-up that tells us (1.) that the import is complete/was successful, AND, (2.) Do you (the customer, me) want to activate it now, or, later (AFTER we log in to the campaigns page so we can look things over, tweek the ad, etc).

Fortunately, I called support to find out if my import was live, or not, and support walked me thru my campaign site to show me how to PAUSE IT.

Anyway, it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it POSSIBLE to find the invoices that correspond to charges to the payment method

The redesign of the site may very well be useful for the people managing the keywords and campaigns. However, it has made it IMPOSSIBLE to easily find invoices from Microsoft/Bing that correspond to the charges automatically charged to the current payment method. That USED to be very simple. There needs to be a clear BILLING tab, with a listing of statements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bing Ads Editor Jumps Back to Top

Each time you delete a keyword Bing Ads Editor jumps back up to the top of the list. This is annoying if you're working on a big list of keywords and have to continually scroll down to the bottom of the list again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to add (not import) negative keywords at the Ad Group level of a Campaign - Similar to the functionality of AdWords Editor.

Ability to add (not import) negative keywords at the Ad Group level of a Campaign - Similar to the functionality of AdWords Editor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The developer token is available from that page if you are signed in with a Bing Ads account. If you aren’t signed in when you visit the page, it asks you to sign in. If you do not have a Bing Ads account, you have to create one before you can get a developer token.

Please let us know if the above steps do not address your issues. Thanks.

8. Bring back the % increase/decrease in the performance trend graph.

When comparing performance of one period over another there used to be a percentage displayed. This allowed one to quickly compare ranges of dates at a glance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Report button specifies that reports can be pulled by ad group but they cannot

Despite the setting that says you can pull reports by ad groups you cannot. Has this changed? The setting specifies ad groups so we should be able to pull only the ad group we want, not have to pull all and then filter them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix the billing system so the charges match the invoice. This has been an ongoing problem and should be a basic functionality of the site.

Fix the billing system so the charges match the invoice. This has been an ongoing problem and should be a basic functionality of the site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Visual phrase matching that can be changed on the fly lik Google

You stole everything else from them, so why not that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Match Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Default Keyword Bids Should be to Ad Group

Keywords in new ad groups have their bids not set to the ad group default. This means users have to remember to change the setting if they want to change the bids at the ad group level, otherwise nothing happens, and a lot of traffic can be missed or budget over-spent.

Changing the default has no impact on users that want to do keyword-specific bids, so there's really no reason NOT to do this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. IP targeting and telecom targeting

Please provide IP targeting and telecom targeting to be more precise with ads. Display ads will widen the horizon of ad serving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Roll up all credits into one monthly credit / payback, or create a credit threshold to reduce the number of billing receipts.

I've had to deal with 40+ credits, ranging from penny receipts to minimal charges, based on payments back to my account due to invalid clicks. Reallocation of all of these receipts takes hours, which no one wants to do.

There should be a system in place to roll-up all credits back into the account, rather than create separate receipts for each credit/charge.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. decrease the minimum payment for bank payments in australia

currently, the minimum payment is 150 AUD, google has it at 30 AUD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. billing address

When adding a credit card, do not require the billing address to match exactly. I have no problem adding billing addresses in Google and then I use the same one here and I CANNOT get some of them through, no matter how hard I try. Suite vs Ste vs # or a missing period or space is not a good reason to reject an address.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. unblock credit card

Appearently our credit card was blocked years ago in some previous system (yahoo ads or ms adcenter), because MS was unable to charge $4 to the card. Even though we're a good Bing customer now, according to customer support your systems are unable to unblock a credit card for eternity once it gets blocked. So the only payment method available to us is a manual bank prepayment every few weeks and to monitor this very actively to prevent deactivation of campaigns. It has actually been suggested to me twice to ask my bank for a new credit card.. a card…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. t

he time taken by bing to update payments even though banks authorises in prepaid accounts is 24 hours, which is too long. this hinders business as campaigns can not be started even after payments are made. bing must reduce this payment updation timing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base