Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort by Average Position is not correct

on keywords grid, there is no way to bring up keywords with best average position.
    When sorting by Average position, it shows first either keywords with worst position (big number), or keywords which never showed (0 position).
    The way I worked around it is to filter out AvgPos=0 and then use sort to find best positions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Start taking money when customers are ready to give you.

I had been struggling to assign credit card as a payment method for last 3 months. So, I started using ACH payments. First payment transfer took 36 hours to transfer. Second payment transfer I am still waiting...now for over a week.In both the cases, from my account the amount was deducted within 12 hours. When I talk to customer service, every time I get different response from 24 hours for posting the transfer to 14 days.
    Also, taking echeck on websites is pretty common these days...this simple addition will help Bing a lot.
    Please help me asap....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Embed activation codes within email URLs

When you run forget password, or when you get your account activated, the user has to manually input the activation code into the text box. Yes this can be done via copy + paste but it is one less friction point to simply click the link with the activation code and have it already filled in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Simplify Campaign setup process

There are too many unnecessary fields in BingAds, need to simplify - Timezone, Budget daily vs monthly (Google only has Budget per day), you need to set bids again after setting bids on a per keyword basis?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Select both Search and Display for my campaigns

We need to enable that in BingAds. Also looking at Display performance in Google, I got many impressions and many clicks from it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Overall" totals across ad groups should be weighted averages

When viewing CTR% and other data across multiple ad groups, the averages calculated are done so on a simple basis, when they should instead be weighted averages. Currently, if Ad Group #1 has 200 clicks, and Ad Group #2 has 40 clicks, the "Overall" CTR% reported for all groups is just the average of the two group CTR's. It SHOULD be the weighted average, with the clicks per ad group determining the weight of each in the Overall calculation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. call Adextensions should be supported by Bing Ads for local businesses

All local businesses would want to post their phone numbers and calling them should be made easy by call adextension... its avaialable on google adwords...when will it happen in bing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. What are Display Ads, why is all my money gone in display Ads in Google Adwords?

I started with 200$ budget,

I spent only 50$ in Search Ads...and , more than 200$ in Display Ads.. How to limit myself from spending on display Ads?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Doing ads like just subscribe to a service

We have too many tools and too many ways to tweak to make it efficient. As we provide more and more features, it can only get more complicated.

IMHO, for small business that spend less than 500 dollars a month, there is very few reason for them to learn how to find the best keyword or adjust pricing. All they want is just clicks. Buying ads should be as simple as buying newspapers. Just ask for the minimum info and start running the campaign. Given that all the auto biding, and keyword suggestion we have, this should be no issue.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. daily limit no strictly enforced

I set my daily limit to 15 dollar. I see one day it goes to 19, and one day it's around 10. I guess bing is trying to get the average to 15. Maybe it's a desired behaviour. But shouldn't we let the user to choose if this limit is hard limit or just average limit?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this feedback, Shawn. Budget management can be very confusing. Please see help article below:

ONE MORE THING YOU’LL WANT TO KNOW ABOUT DAILY VS. MONTHLY BUDGET TYPES…
    Your daily budget setting is only a target, so your actual spend might be higher or lower. This is because, regardless of the budget type you choose, Bing Ads always calculates a monthly budget and then the actual budget limit is calculated for an entire month. Daily budget types simply help you make sure that your budget is spread out over an entire month, and not used up in the first day.
    The calculation to convert your daily budget to a monthly budget is:
    monthly budget = daily budget x days
    If you happen to change your daily budget mid-month, then your current monthly limit is calculated as your spend so far that month, plus the daily budget amount multiplied…

13. Campaign filter bug?

In the campaign management page, it shows four graph with blue bar: avg cpc, ctr, click and avg position. When I click the blue bar in ctr and click, it will filter the key word that match, however, when I click the blue bar for the other two, it doesn't seems to work. See attachement.

Is this a bug?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

From your screenshot it looks like you clicked within the CPC graph twice. I don’t see anything related to CTR in the filter. Can you try again and give me the repro steps? Or, since you’re in the same building, feel free to stop by.

14. If an ad is held due to editorial review it should not automatically run as soon as it is approved.

I created a campaign that was subject to endless delays due to editorial review. When the ad was finally approved I was not immediately notified. As a result I lost £40 because I was not closely monitoring the campaign which was hemorrhaging funds.
    This is totally unacceptable. Ads placed on editorial review should automatically placed on pause to enable the advertiser to retain control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. after adding payment methop

I think there should be a message regarding $1 charge once card is added and to wait a resonable time before adding payment, so the accounts stop from going on hold for better customer retention or irrated calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Using bing editor won't apply automatically

When I use bing editor, I feel it's much faster than doing in the website. Sometimes the website just froze. Later I found that the change I made in bing editor is NOT automatically updated in the server. I need to "sync" the change. In my mind, if I change something that didn't take effect, when I exits the app, it will notify me that my changes hasn't been really made yet. Maybe we should notify the user about changes that hasn't been applied before closing the app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There should be a better way to send Reviews of your Ads and Keywords. Right now the way I am doing is exporting the ads as html format and

There should be a better way to send Reviews of your Ads and Keywords. Right now the way I am doing is exporting the ads as html format and emailing the reviewers to review the ads. If there are multiple reviewers it creates chaos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Loading of AdGroup takes a lot of time. I think a lot of time is being spent in loading Keywords and the UI seems to just hang

Loading of AdGroup takes a lot of time. I think a lot of time is being spent in loading Keywords and the UI seems to just hang

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Device targeting on Campaign level?

I want to target IOS for my ads. When Iook for help, I see this "If you use targeting, you should set your basic targets at the campaign level and then refine your targets at the ad group level."
    However, I can't find any compaign level targeting for Device. Am I doing something wrong? Or just the description is wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When viewing the keywords under a campaign, there is a Param1 column with little explanation for its purpose

What is the full purpose behind the param 1 column? I hovered over it and the explanation was still vague to me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base