Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. as an agent from bing ads a customer had made a suggestion to direct customer to the # for support when prompted with failed payment method.

customer had seemed frustrated that she had to dig and dig for support # vs. being prompted with support when failed paymen method added message was shown. Travis

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cost assumtions and suggestions

It does take a while for the first time users to figure out how to spend their money to achieve cost / efficiency balance, customize for themselves. I think that is crucial for SMB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let Franchisees and Franchisers advertise with PPC as a shared bid option!

Many times Franchisees and Franchisers both advertise in the same area. Both are a team but bid for ad space as competitors driving up the prices for both parties, when the real competition is the other companies. Please add a function that would enable both franchiser and franchisee to "team up" and share bidding for PPC ad space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be able to customise the colours of the editor

The editor often can sit on your desktop throughout the day. Having the ability to customise the colour, design etc. would make it much more personable and exciting to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We want to be able to use our number for all Ads.

Can there be a 3rd option for the call extensions. We want to have our number show up on all the Ads, not just for the smart phone. We do not like we have to use a number given to us by Bing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable "Quality Penalty" to User account as well

Recently my ads were reviewed by Bing editorial team and they imposed a "quality Penalty" to my account which I am unable to view. I contacted bing support and they informed me about this.

It will be great if we, the user account can have this option so not only we can keep a check on the compliance factor and also make the changes accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bing Ads Editor Ad Extensions Tab Sitelinks - Unable to Revert Changes

Bing Ads Editor > Ad extensions tab > sitelink subnav.

Imported a campaign, Bing Ads Editor deleted my sitelinks. No big deal, just revert right? Wrong, there's no revert feature to undo the pending changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would love to be able to verify ad placement on Yahoo, like I do on Bing and Google.

I would love to be able to verify ad placement on Yahoo, like I do on Bing and Google.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. after adding payment methop

I think there should be a message regarding $1 charge once card is added and to wait a resonable time before adding payment, so the accounts stop from going on hold for better customer retention or irrated calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There should be a better way to send Reviews of your Ads and Keywords. Right now the way I am doing is exporting the ads as html format and

There should be a better way to send Reviews of your Ads and Keywords. Right now the way I am doing is exporting the ads as html format and emailing the reviewers to review the ads. If there are multiple reviewers it creates chaos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Loading of AdGroup takes a lot of time. I think a lot of time is being spent in loading Keywords and the UI seems to just hang

Loading of AdGroup takes a lot of time. I think a lot of time is being spent in loading Keywords and the UI seems to just hang

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Device targeting on Campaign level?

I want to target IOS for my ads. When Iook for help, I see this "If you use targeting, you should set your basic targets at the campaign level and then refine your targets at the ad group level."
    However, I can't find any compaign level targeting for Device. Am I doing something wrong? Or just the description is wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When viewing the keywords under a campaign, there is a Param1 column with little explanation for its purpose

What is the full purpose behind the param 1 column? I hovered over it and the explanation was still vague to me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use plain English in Ad Extensions UI

I was helping my advertiser create call extensions. The help message and the UI was unclear - I am still not sure if I can enable call extensions without having to provide a physical address. (My advertiser runs an online business and hence there's no physical store front.)

The filter text under "ad extensions" tab (see attached screenshot) is also confusing, at least for first-time users.
    "FILTER Status contains Active"?
    Do we mean "show ads that are active"? If so, why don't we use plain English? :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Appropriate editorial restrictions

Bing Editor - Appropriate editorial restrictions
    I've got a gambling client who targets UK only. In Bing Editor there's a multitute of bogus editorial restrictions because you cannot target gambling content in USA Canada. I'd like a change where if you're not targeting those countries the messaging does not come up as it is not relevant. Hundreds of ads, thousands of keywords are all working perfectly well but all with red crosses for markets i don't compete in. What that means is genuine problems are much ****** to detect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add 'Advanced Location' setting to Bing desktop tool

This Advanced Location setting is only available online and not in the desktop tool. I found out recently that the default Advanced Location setting can result in receiving a significant amount of traffic from countries you are not targeting.

It seems to me like this setting is too critical to not include in the desktop tool. Thank you for considering my request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drupal Module

DRUPAL MODULE (sorry if this exists but i just couldnt find it)- i have been searching for this for quite some time and have seen numerous requests but like google it would be great if there was a module for a bing that you just had to install, put in your code and off you go, conversions installed. Also a ncie addon would be like in a google module if a contact form was submitted that you could add details of the bing ad request to the bottom of the email a bit like this. This would encourage a lot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. reduce whitespace in bing ads editor

Reduce the amount of whitespace in the area where you edit ads, keywords, campaigns, etc. - http://screencast.com/t/1Zo50LtmPoe

Hard to see the rest of the interface on lower resolutions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base