Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Keyword Match Submit

I want to be able to submit my keywords automatically for broad, exact, and phrase keyword matches.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Match Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to use the match type: Broad Match Modified for negative keywords.

Possibility to use the match type: Broad Match Modified for negative keywords.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 莫纳什大学毕业证书查询【Monash学位证成绩单】微信Q86013792【办理莫大毕业证书in english】加急办Monash毕业证成绩单【精仿莫纳什大学Monash入取通知书offer】澳洲MonashMonash University

莫纳什大学毕业证书查询【Monash学位证成绩单】微信Q86013792【办理莫大毕业证书in english】加急办Monash毕业证成绩单【精仿莫纳什大学Monash入取通知书offer】澳洲MonashMonash University

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make Exact Match the Default for Negative Keywords

I'm 99% certain it used to be this way, but please make exact match the match type default for negative keywords. It's so easy to accidentally add negative keywords that cause keyword conflicts when you have the default set to phrase. Google Ads has exact match as the default. Please do the same

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There should surely be scope for strict 'exact match.'

I left Google Ads when their 'exact match' changed and started to embrace very inexact matches. Now I find that Microsoft 'Exact match' is just as broad. My business deals with talented authors and exactly spelled search terms distinguish them from UNtalented ones! I want the former and not the latter. Microsoft effectively charges me for giving me the trouble of writing tactful letters of refusal. There must be other businesses who have their own reasons for wanting exactness and it can't be hard to introduce it an as option. The only exception I'd allow would be to accept upper…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Retain historical stats when changing match types

Retain historical stats when changing match types on keywords. Currently, when changing the match type on a keyword, you will lose all historical stats in the main dashboard and must download from the Reports tab to access the keyword-level data again. Alternatively, automatically duplicate all keywords when changing match types - it should be an opt in to delete previous keywords, instead of opt out. Lastly, allow the opportunity to undo this change in Change History.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. keyword and match type

Hi I have plus signs in front of each keyword which is broad match. When I highlight all keywords and change broad match to phrase match the + signs are not removed. It states it in phase and works as phrase. I find this confusing and tried to manually remove the + signs but couldn't. I called to see how I could remove + sign in front of each word and told had to delete keywords with + sign in front and start over. The nice gentlemen checked to be sure and said the search and keywords are in phase…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Search terms matches are too broad.

Ensure that search terms clicked on and paid for are remotely resembling the product range. eg. I was charged $16 for wire rope. I do not deal in wire rope or rope for that matter. I deal with electrical products. That is too broad. Every day I am excluding over 75% of the search terms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Match Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. is not an idea- is a request

When calling to speak to advertising experts are not in the correct department to actually make changes even if they understand what I am experiencing.
    Your developers for the advertising are not properly programing to match the type of business. This is awful as one has to spend money on invalid clicks!
    We cannot afford and cannot justify the expense for those invalid clicks! There are many searches from customers who have similar keywords in the search terms that apply to many different industries/type of businesses. i.e. a “Blower Motor”, this is used in a car, truck, boat, bus, a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add keyword match type update from Google ads on the existing automated import

Currently for import Match type: When you import a campaign for the first time, the match type is imported. After that, the match type is not updated.

Hope we can also update the match types for the automated import

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. worst searches appearing against exact matches.

Please avoid using bing as its 70% draining your campaigns budget with unwanted searches

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. negative keywords maximum list

increase the number of negative keyword lists and/or the capacity of those lists. This accrues directly from both Google and Bing's emphasis on the use of Shopping Results in SERPs.

Shopping queries are based on a broad match and therefore produce an abundant amount of irrelevant searches, which requires the necessity of many, many... really too many exact match negatives.

This necessity could be easily overcome if both Bing and Google would allow for some limited use of Modified broad match. For instance - the exterior car covers industry - simply requiring that the search expression include the word "cover",would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. negative broad

Broad Match Type in Negative Keyword

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Feature to check if any keywords' combinations are competing internally for broad match modifiers!

For my ad account - B014EP96, I am using broad match modifiers to the fullest but I am unsure and cannot check if any broad match keyword modifiers are competing against other broad match modified keywords for the same campaign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Optimize Search Queries - Allow Filter for "Added/Excluded" and Add Option to "Add all selected as phrase match (or exact)"

Please enable the option to filter out keywords that have previously been added or excluded.

Also, the drop downs for adding checked keywords are very click heavy (we have to choose "phrase" and "exact for all keywords we want to add) PLUS we have to unclick "broad match" so that's at least 3 clicks for EACH keyword we want to add. Please allow us to either manually add symbols to indicate match type ( parentheses or brackets) or include an option for "add all selected as phrase (or exact or broad) match".

Thanks for listening!

Vicki

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Broad Match Modifier Option Is Much Needed! It can be an easy add-on per the following:

1. Select each applicable broad match keyword
    2. Change the selected keywords to (new option) - Broad Match Modifier
    3. In the Preview mode under "keyword", allow customer to insert (+) sign(s) before each appropriate keyword
    4. Save and Return to see changes
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Go Back to the Algorithm Prior to Change about 1-yr ago

For over 2 years, Bing results were much more positive for us than Google. That all changed last year around April or May - with algorithm changes that pushed standard Broad search into the 'super aggressive' realm - matching billions of totally unrelated searches. Though the intent was to make more money for Bing, I bet the opposite has occurred, since we simply cannot use those terms any more and spend LESS as a result. There is NO way one can ever put in enough negatives to curb the tide of $$ wasted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The broad match type generate to much unwanted traffic.

The broad match type generate to much unwanted traffic. I wasted Almost a thousand dollars in 5 days on irrelevant traffic. Please fix.

Sunil
    512-345-1122
    Easy Tours OF India, Inc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. But as this is the second time I’m bringing this up to Bing Ads, I believe a long term change is required on Bing’s part to ensure advertise

But as this is the second time I’m bringing this up to Bing Ads, I believe a long term change is required on Bing’s part to ensure advertisers aren’t unfairly
    charged for search terms that aren’t even remotely associated with their keywords even at a broad match setting. I ask that you push my complaint up to the dept handling algorithms and the dept handling branding as this situation speaks volumes about “trust” and why advertiser
    likely prefer to advertise with Google more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base