Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audience Ads in Bing Ads Editor

Allow management of Audience Ads (non search) in BAE

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support legitimate cryptocurrency advertising

Current policies ban legitimate cryptocurrency advertising for trading platforms. Banning initial coin offerings (ICOs) is understandable due to extreme risks and many scams, but trading most cryptocurrency is as risky as most any investment type. My RRSPs lost 3.5% in one month. I call that pretty risky.

Please reconsider your ban all cryptograms advertising policy.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP DISAPPROVING HEMP OIL KEYWORDS

Educate yourselves. Hemp oil IS NOT "RELATED TO DRUGS OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA," according to the legal classification of hemp. Hemp is a plant that is used in hundreds of industries because of its versatility-including fashion, personal care and food. Hemp oil, which is used in the skincare industry does not have any "marijuana" effects and has tremendous health benefit. Educate yourself - the actual, real science on that has been available for DECADES.

Hemp oil is becoming a popular product since people are now paying attention to actual science, and are looking for products that contain it. Keywords related to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop incorrectly disapproving adverts

When you disapprove ads, you should email the customer to explain why. We run a voice recording studio, but you keep disapproving our ads (5 times now) without explaining why.

We record voices - we have nothing whatsoever to do with any adult content!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do not send disapproved notices for paused campaigns

I keep getting disapproval notices for ads and keywords on campaigns that have been paused for a long time (i.e. over a year). This is an annoyance.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Email for account placed on hold

I think it is imperative that an email be sent to the email associated with an account when the account is place on hold after a review.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop double serving to level the playing field

Currently, one advertiser can build 10 web sites for the same product or service and build a campaign in Bing for each.

Then they can bid on the same keyword so that when someone searches, all 10 search results are the same company.

For example, search "consolidation loans" in bing.com.au 5 web sites are displayed, 4 of which belong to one company (Fox Symes).

Why would any reasonable person use Bing to search for something when they are being duped into believing they are getting choice? There's no value for the searcher.

I think this is an imperative if Bing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. brand

There seems to be a real problem with competing advertisers being able to bid on brand terms but also include that brand in their ad via keyword insertion. What you end up with is an ad title (or description) that has the brand term - but the ad is for an entirely separate (and competing) brand. You can have it removed via the Trademark form, but it's basically like playing whack-a-mole as they constantly reappear. There needs to be some sort of block that can be used in this case (in terms of the keyword insertion).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow advertisers with important COVID19 solutions to advertise

I agree it's good to have a policy to avoid people exploiting COVID. But I think you'd agree it's too broad when it prohibits legitimate advertisers offering COVID solutions that could save lives. Perhaps you could have a machine learning algorithm analyze the web site of potential legitimate advertisers, tune it for high false positives / low false negatives (a screening setup) and then have humans do final review? Happy to help :-)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unable to advertise FCA approved CBD oil, also legal in USA?

Unable to advertise FCA approved CBD oil, also legal in USA?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cannabis Website's

Allow websites with cannabis content to advertise on Bing. It's legal now but still violates Bing policy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think Blockchain Technology should be allowed in Bing ads. I'm not telling about crypo ads, I'm telling about the technology & development

As you know Blockchain Technology and Bitcoin/cryptocurrecy are not same. Cryptocurrency was build on the Blockchain Technology.

Bing and google has blocked crypto ads. But google has only blockced the crypto ads but not blockchain technology. I think bing should also look into this.. and allow blockchain ads

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keyword Review Process

It's frustrating that simple bid changes on one keyword in an ad group will put the entire ad group "in review" and therefore not showing ads for up to 48 hours. This happens quite frequently in our top performing ad group and we lose a lot of revenue because of this. Bidding is an essential part of PPC campaigns and the fact we are constantly thrown into review for a simple bid change doesn't make much sense.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Adult Advertisers to Target More Keywords and Match Types

Currently, adult advertisers are restricted to just an Approved Keyword list and only exact match keywords. In addition, it seems like keywords are sometimes removed from this list. Why can't it be done just like Google and label the ads as adult or non-family friendly? Adult advertisers are losing out on a large amount of traffic by only being able to bid on the small list of approved keywords. While I can understand this for more explicit sites, there are adult themed sites which do not show any form of nudity and should not face the same keyword restrictions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When an Image extension is rejected

When image extension is rejected it would be helpful if an advertiser had a way to know why the image was rejected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. please improve automated mailings for disapprovals and honor flags!!

Every year i get at least one disapproval notification for terms that we have been approved for in the past owing to our business model.

However this year was the worst!!! You made it nearly impossible to identify what was disapproved so I had to call for assistance.

Please include the ad/keyword term and the right account (not just a parent account but the actual account and/or campaign ) that is effected by the editorial flag.
    I received an email that didnt even correctly identify the account, let allow the keywords that triggered the disapproval ... I can tell you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. e cigarette supplies

Bing and Yahoo should allow advertising of electronic cigarette supplies. e liquid is not a tobacco product, it is a nicotine alternative and in the category of nicotine gum and patches. What is the deal! Electronic cigarettes and the liquid they use are more closely related to fog machines than tobacco cigarettes, should they ban those as well? Nicotine is found in many plants,tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and even green peppers, should they ban those too! I not sure whose initial policy this derived from but they need to take another look and check the facts before making such rash decision…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Bing advertisers to target adult content in Spain.

Allow Bing advertisers to target adult content in Spain.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the system review faster!

Every time I make a simple change on the campaign why does it stop showing my ads for more than 24 hours? I am not happy with this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 24/7 Editorial Review

There should be 24/7 editorial review - Been waiting for 36 hours now with no approval of my ads which appear fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base