Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Editorial Disapproval UI Messaging

Please improve the UI messaging for editorial rejections and provide the reason for the disapproval. This will enable customers to know the cause of the rejection so they can, without having to contact Support for assistance, review the editorial policy and make changes to their campaign, appeal the rejection or realize that their business model makes them ineligible to serve ads on our network. T1 Support handles ~1800 inquiries about Editorial issues globally each month. This change could reduce inbound Support volume by 16% for editorial issues and decrease editorial escalations from T1 to T2 (saving Microsoft operational costs) as…

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Penalizing accounts

Please do not penalize a whole account because of one ad group. Plus let your users know what they did wrong and let them know they have been penalized. It makes your customer service agents look like idiots. Cause there clueless and making guesses on why a account was penalized. This is very poor customer service. Youll are leaving so much money on the table because of not telling your customers whats going on. Some people make a living advertising online and youll make it harder.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to make an adult account for the Netherlands

At the moment its possible to get an adult account for the following countries: Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom, United States and Taiwan. Why is it still not possible to get an adult account for the Dutch market. Please make this happen

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow hemp derived CBD products to be advertised

With the recent passage of the 2018 Farm Bill thereby legalizing all industrial hemp products, including CBD.

Will you update your advertising policy to allow advertising of CBD?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Romanian is a language spoken by 27 million all over Europe. It's time to accept Romanian language ads.

Romanian is a language spoken by 27 million all over Europe. It's time to accept Romanian language ads. I know that Bing (including Yahoo) has a small market share in Romania - somewhere around 3% - but there are a lot of valuable keywords that still get thousand, even tens of thousands of searches every year on Bing. Some samples:

• telefoane ieftine (cheap phones) - at least 5k searches

• cafea verde (green coffee) - 7k

• haine copii (children clothes) - 3.5k

• locuri de munca (jobs) - 25k
      Etc.

Back in 2005, when I settled up my first Adwords ads, Google…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notify Account Managers when a Campaign is suspended

A client's campaign was suspended and neither the client nor myself was notified. Upon investigation initiated by me, we were told the site was crawled and Bing's automated system determined the site did not meet editorial guidelines. We had made NO CHANGES to the site, so not clear why the site was flagged. The reps I spoke with did not know why the site was flagged either, and could provide no insight into what caused the flag.

After the Bing team determined the site was flagged in a crawl, we were told the editorial team would need to review it…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show ads that are pending editorial approval

An ad that is pending won't show until it is approved. This is slightly annoying because even AdWords will show an ad that is pending in like 4th position. We can create a completely new ad every time we edit, and let both run until they're both approved, but it's a little annoying.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3rd Party Tech Support Not Allowed Rule Is Not Good For Everyone Big Number Of Genuine Advertisers Are Also Getting Affected With This Rule.

3rd Party Tech Support Not Allowed Rule Is Not Good For Everyone Big Number Of Genuine Advertisers Are Also Getting Affected With This Rule.

Read The Chat Conversation To Know What Someone Can Feel In Case Of Being Genuine.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Ads for CBD Products; The farm bill has removed CBD from restricted drug list; It will benefit many, and CBD does not get people "high

CBD does not get people high, it helps people with chronic pain. It is not addictive and can benefit people in many ways. You will be leaps and bounds ahead of Adwords & Facebook Advertising if you allow paid ads for CBD

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My Bing ads accounts getting Disabled

Hi Team,

I am an Bing Ads Accredited professional since 2013 and I had lot of clients for which I run ads. Recently I saw that maximum accounts got disabled and also it was informed that those accounts are closed and thats final. Now as I am a Bing ads accredited professional and clients near to my location contact me in case they wanna run Bing ads. As my details are updated on the Accredited professional list. Any account which I open it goes for review and closed. I tried making accounts for new clients using new credit cards and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Advertising for legal online gambling in the State of Nevada? How can I get your Ad policies updated to reflect the new laws?

Hi,

The State of Nevada recently legalized online gambling in the format of online poker. The first site to launch live did so on Tuesday, April 30th: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spt--ultimate-poker-s-legal-online-betting-foray-may-be-a-game-changer-in-the-u-s---010335301.html

My company is licensed to provide marketing services to those legal online gambling operations in Nevada. We are licensed by the same gambling commission that approves the operator licenses: http://gaming.nv.gov/

How can I get in touch with the appropriate folks to update the Bing policies surrounding the use of your paid search products for targeted advertising campaigns in the United States?

Thanks,
    James

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adult ads in Eastern Europe

It would be nice to advertise Sex Shops out of UK/USA.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make publishing time faster after changes!

After adding or changing some things in the account, it takes the system several hours to put the ads back on the network, which is frustrating.

Please find a way to make the ads go live faster after changes/new additions, etc.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Measurement Units in Ad Copy

Please allow measurement units such as m² in ad copy as well as "Umlaute" such as ä, ü, ö in the display URL.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Adult Keywords should be judged by Search Traffic, not Impressions

Adult advertisers can only use keywords in the Adult Keyword list. It is possible to get new keywords added to the list, but a while ago new criteria was introduced.

Now a keyword can get added only if it made at least 10 Impressions last month. I think the Impression metric is a bad choice. To my understanding - please correct me if I'm wrong - a term will only trigger 1 Impression if an ad was already shown for that keyword - so this basically disqualifies almost all new keywords from adding.

There's basically a catch 22 situation. New…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please Can Bing Stop Putting Whole Account in Review When you Have Good Campaigns?

I understand the review process but i don't understand when you have lots of good live and approved campaigns but when you have just 1 or 2 bad paused or live campaigns your whole account goes into review even your good and approved campaigns and i this this is wrong and we lose business and due to this i have lost 2 weeks of business.

Also can the review team say to change everything at 1 time as i have change things like they said and yet they keep asking for more changes that are completely different and this made…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display Quick Info regarding the 24h review after making changes.

When making changes or creating a new campaign, it might take up to 24h for the ads to actually be running online. EVEN THOUGH the "pending tutorial review" status has changed to "eligible" already. And the campaigns status is on enabled, and delivery again "eligible".
    A quick info (just like with the "pending review tutorial" on the ads) would be a absolutely great feature, to know what's actually going on. Especially for new customers. I had to actually contact the support several times until I found out about the "normality" of this issue.
    Please change this. Thank you very much.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop incorrectly disapproving adverts

When you disapprove ads, you should email the customer to explain why. We run a voice recording studio, but you keep disapproving our ads (5 times now) without explaining why.

We record voices - we have nothing whatsoever to do with any adult content!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support legitimate cryptocurrency advertising

Current policies ban legitimate cryptocurrency advertising for trading platforms. Banning initial coin offerings (ICOs) is understandable due to extreme risks and many scams, but trading most cryptocurrency is as risky as most any investment type. My RRSPs lost 3.5% in one month. I call that pretty risky.

Please reconsider your ban all cryptograms advertising policy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do not send disapproved notices for paused campaigns

I keep getting disapproval notices for ads and keywords on campaigns that have been paused for a long time (i.e. over a year). This is an annoyance.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base