Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. comments

I would like to see Bing Ads Editor add a local comments field, like AdWords Editor has. I find it very valuable when I can leave comments when I'm editing, because I can come back in the future to see what was previously done.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Improving downloading features for Microsoft Advertising Editor (Bing Ads Editor or BAE)

Sending this feedback as for advertiser's request. Wanted to improve our features on Microsoft Advertising Editor (Bing Ads Editor or BAE) as for advertiser's following scenario:

For dowloading all campaigns, duplicated a campaign, added over 15k keywords and posted changes Google Ads Editor in like 5 minutes while BAE was still downloading campaigns up to 3 hours.

I mean, I don't understand the logic of storing anything locally if it has to take so much time to load all the campaigns or posting changes. The one thing I've noticed is that your editor gets stuck at "Finalizing Changes" part while…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adcenter and Microsoft Publisher merger

The world is becoming more digital and uses less physical published materials, publisher is never used because it lacks a lot of design power like products from Coral and Adobe and others, so its only logical to merge adcenter and publisher together with new features such as:
    1. sms/email marketing
    2. Search engine marketing (Bing and maybe Google too)
    3. Submission and tracking of video/static ads to online ad networks.
    4. Affiliate marketing engine (please view Adobe Business Catalyst affiliate marketing engine www.businesscatalyst.com/)
    5. Social media posting, Article marketing to blogs etc
    7. Submission and tracking of video ads…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Google Ads Import - REVIEW BEFORE POSTING

We used to be able to import Google Ads items into Bing Editor and REVIEW THE CHANGED ITEMS before we decided what we wanted to post to the interface.
    When I imported Google Ads items yesterday the only option was the "Import and Post".
    Sitelinks were changed and deleted, a ton of ads were paused, and items I'm not even sure of were changed. This is very frustrating and not ideal! I greatly hope you bring back the ability to review the import before posting it live!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added an additional option for you to download locally under Tools → Options → Defaults. Note that, this workaround doesn’t offer the full benefit of server based import as the released version as below -

• Id mapping of campaigns – Tight mapping with Google campaigns based on IDs so there are no missed or duplicate campaigns
    • Scale – Ability to import large accounts
    • Background import that lets you work on other operations as import is in progress
    • Schedules – Creating future recurring imports from editor.

For campaigns that require little or no review, we would recommend a server based import to take advantage of these benefits. In cases where you would like a more hands on preview approach you can use the local download option. You can switch between these options easily between imports based on your needs. If you have further questions or…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base