Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Google Ads Import - REVIEW BEFORE POSTING

We used to be able to import Google Ads items into Bing Editor and REVIEW THE CHANGED ITEMS before we decided what we wanted to post to the interface.
    When I imported Google Ads items yesterday the only option was the "Import and Post".
    Sitelinks were changed and deleted, a ton of ads were paused, and items I'm not even sure of were changed. This is very frustrating and not ideal! I greatly hope you bring back the ability to review the import before posting it live!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added an additional option for you to download locally under Tools → Options → Defaults. Note that, this workaround doesn’t offer the full benefit of server based import as the released version as below -

• Id mapping of campaigns – Tight mapping with Google campaigns based on IDs so there are no missed or duplicate campaigns
    • Scale – Ability to import large accounts
    • Background import that lets you work on other operations as import is in progress
    • Schedules – Creating future recurring imports from editor.

For campaigns that require little or no review, we would recommend a server based import to take advantage of these benefits. In cases where you would like a more hands on preview approach you can use the local download option. You can switch between these options easily between imports based on your needs. If you have further questions or…

2. [Editor] Adding the language column at keyword, ad and extension levels

We can't see the language of keywords, ads or extensions from Editor as the column is not available at this level. The language is only displayed at the Campaign and Adgroup levels.

For accounts with just one language it is not problematic, but when campaigns and adgroups have multiple languages we can't dispatch the data we export for keywords, ads and extensions.

As NQS requires the data to be sent per market AND language, it is inconvenient when requesting for an editorial review.

Could it be possible to add the hereditated language to keywords, ads and extensions in Editor? Langage…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the broken JS links throughout the ad-making experience

The "Learn more" links only work in Edge; they show up as javascript(0):void on Chrome/Firefox. It's just unprofessional, and annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Account Tree Filter/Campaign Column Filter

Add campaign search in the sidebar - It would be easier to filter campaigns to select the ones needed.
    In the AdWords Editor it looks this way:

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can you improve your Bing Ads Editor? (a lot of bugs)

1. Very slow work (if you tap for smth your editor will downloading a lot of time :( )
    2. If we could synchronise just new elements from adwords campaign it will be super cool
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Ad Groups To Be Imported From AdWords, Not Just Campaigns

We've heard the ability to import at the ad group (as opposed to campaign) level directly from AdWords is "coming soon". When can we expect that enhancement?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bulk Image Extension uploads missing at ad group levels in Bing Editor and UI

My concern with bulk upload for Image Extensions, since it is currently not yet supported in the Bing Ads Editor tools and that copy and pasting it in the User Interface also does not work, I have to do it manually and one at a time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Duplicate Keywords tool lacks keywords selection functionality

Duplicate Keywords tool misses keywords selection functionality like Adwords Editor has.When you have thousands of duplicates generated in account it takes just a few clicks in Adwords editor to remove it. In Bing Editor it's impossible to execute in a non-manual way without third party tools.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bing Ads Editor

Helpful feedback: The newest version of Bing Ads Editor takes forevvveerrr to load and display my campaign. Very “clunky” feeling to it. Previous versions (running on my same
    Windows 10 PC) used to load and allow me to display my campaigns very quickly. But this new-fangled version (new design within the last month?) requires a lot more click and “struggle” to actually load my campaigns to the point where I can start working.

I know that’s hard to describe, probably too vague. But from a “ user experience “ point of view, I thought I should mention it to your…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Tell us more  ·  Prince responded

Hi Jenna,

We apologize for the issue you are seeing. Can you send below listed details at bingads-feedback@microsoft.com so that we can further investigate?

1. What is the version of Bing Ads Editor (BAE) you are using today where you are seeing latency?
    2. What is the pervious version of BAE which did not have latency issues?
    3. When you say BAE takes a long time to load, I am assuming that that starting up BAE for the first time, are you seeing latency when performing other operations as well?

Thanks for your help.

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sivan,

Importing tracking templates is already supported in the latest version of Bing Ads Editor, which you can download from below download site:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22260

If you continue to see issue with the latest version please send us your account ID and the file you are trying to import at princeba at microsoft.com.

Thanks

11. Bulk negative locations

In Bing editor for Mac - adding bulk negative locations doesn't work. Says the locations are invalid but there is no way for me to edit them. Tried with codes as well as full location names.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I cannot move keywords from 1 ad-group to another!

Moving Keywords between Ad-Groups

The new editor looks great but I cannot move keywords from one group to another.

Some keywords should be in another more related group so I have to manually delete then create the keyword again rather than drag and drop.

Come on Bing, this is basic stuff.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Prince responded

Hi Amish,

You can select the keywords and copy/paste the keywords from one ad group to another by either hitting Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V or by right clicking the item and selecting copy/paste from the context menu. We don’t have drag drop yet, but will be supporting that soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks

13. Edit date range

You should include the possibility to select not only start date but also the end date of the custom date range. At the moment you can only choose start date and default end date is today.
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Editing, reverting, pausing, deleting keyword

I don't like when Bing Ads Editor refreshes the interface (making me lose my place) after editing a keyword.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gabe,

I tried what you mentioned above, but was not able to reproduce the issue. Can you please let us know which version of Bing Ads Editor are you using? Also would be great if you could let us know the exact steps you took.

Thanks!

15. Editor and Downloaded Files from Editor should reflect the same information

The editor states if an ad is rejected because of an inaccessible website. When downloaded, the editorial rejection simply reads that the ad or keyword or website violates Bing Ads editorial policies.

The editor as well as the downloaded export (copy to csv) file should reflect the same messages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve the Bing ads Interface

adding the possibility of adding more columns into the interface would be sooooooooo great (just like we can do in the report tab)

ex: Impression share, Ad quality...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save Column Headers in Bing Ads Editor. They reset everytime I blink.

It would be nice if there was a 'SAVE' button and some PRESETS maybe for column headings.

The column settings would be, seemingly, different for each of the tabs... so it should be saved on a per-tab setting. Also, they may be specific to a Campaign you want to look at a certain way, so perhaps having PRESETS with your favorite ways to look at certain tabs in certain campaigns would be great.

I don't care to see "Expected Click Through Rate" or "Landing Page Experience" -- I know what these are, but seeing them here MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Sitelinks to run at random...Instead of having to prioritize.

...and not have to prioritize. How can we know what performs best if we have to choose the ones that show? Make prioritization OPTIONAL.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "One or more of the bid values are less than the floor price?"

"One or more of the bid values are less than the floor price?" - Bid minimums are $0.05. Requiring these minimums on search and/or display when one is not being used creates confusion; and potentially this error requiring 30 minutes of support to resolve. Please make these bids elligable to set to 0.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. advanced search

In Bing Ads Editor, Advanced Search > Keyword > Does not contain... if I put multiple lines of phrases in the box, Bing Ads Editor does NOT use OR logic to filter out all lines in the textarea. For example, if I put:

restore
    repair

in the textarea, then use the Search box to search for restore, restore keywords appear! Annoying. Then search for repair. Repair keywords appear! Annoying.

So, your developers think it's a good idea to use AND logic for Does not contain which is inconsistent with the logic used when Contains is used. That's not only confusing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base