Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ad groups with no active keywords / ads

It would save so much time if there were flags or alerts in Editor whenever there were ad groups containing no active keywords or ads.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on bringing ad groups without ads recommendations in BAE and expect to have it before CY19 end. This is an alternative solution to have it available in editor, and we are exploring to have it as an alert inline as well.

2. comments

I would like to see Bing Ads Editor add a local comments field, like AdWords Editor has. I find it very valuable when I can leave comments when I'm editing, because I can come back in the future to see what was previously done.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Imported Changes to Be Reviewed BEFORE Posting

How is it ever a good idea to post changes directly to Bing without any way to review the change? In addition, after importing and automatically posting I then have to re-download the account to see the changes that were just made. This requires more time than the old import function and is dangerous, as I have to post live campaigns before I can see whether or not I actually want to run them.

Without any way to turn off this new "improved" functionality, I am now required to handle all imports with csv files which is slower than the…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hotkey for Advanced Bid Changes "Ctrl+B"

Please add a hotkey for advanced bid changes in the editor. AdWords editor is using Crtl+B.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Undo / Back button in Bing Ads Editor

Being able to undo things in Bing Ads Editor.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Accounts List Alphabetical

When you drop down the list of accounts they should be alphabetical.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Wildcard * should be implemented in Bing Ads Editor to replace multiple text

As in Excel you can use the wildcard * to replace text in multiple lines of long text in sentences very fast. This option is not included in Bing Ads Editor under the button Replace Text. This will be very handy to change very quick multiple instances in ads, ad group names, URL, etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring Back Import Only To Microsoft Ads Editor

In Bing Ads editor, I was able to import my Google campaigns and make edits to them in the interface (URL changes, etc.) BEFORE posting to the server. Now I only have the option to import and post simultaneously.

Also when the import posts, it bypasses Microsoft Ads Editor entirely, and I have to download it from the account into Editor, somewhat defeating the purpose of using Editor to import in the first place.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please FINALLY add a user interface language selector to Bing Ads Editor.

We are an international company, and you are making it impossible for me to share my screen with my colleagues, as they don't speak German (OS Language). Bing Editor should allow to select the display (UI) language.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Devang Gandhi responded

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your feedback. We are currently looking into exposing the capability to change the UI language. In the meanwhile, here’s a workaround that you can use.

1. Navigate to localappdata\Bing Ads Editor folder on your machine
    2. Open the Microsoft.AdvertisingDesktop.exe.config file
    3. Add key=“ShowCultureOptions” value=“True” under the appSettings section
    4. Restart Bing Ads Editor
    5. Go to Tools > Options > MSFT Internal Setup. From here you will be able to change the UI language

Note that the editor will take into account even the date, time and number formats of the locale that you select from the drop down.

Hope this helps!

10. Reduce the steps to get to the AdPreview tool

Too many steps to get to the adpreview tool, which in itself is not intuitive to find. I had to search help in order to find it.

Steps to get my ad to show up in adpreview tool:
    1) click "Tools"
    2) Click "Ad preview and diagnostic tool"
    3) Type in keyword/query. Doesn't show my campaign so I have to memorize the keyword(s).
    4) Select Location. Click "Edit". Scroll and click state and click city (3 clicks altogether)
    5) Click "Preview"

Bing's adpreview tool require 7 clicks and typing in the keyword. I didn't memorize my keyword so I had…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ad preview tool Advanced targeting options -Option to save the setting.

For ad preview - once the customer choses the Advanced targeting options (specified the local area in the drop down). The info should be saved.Instead of letting the user retype the info.
    Google adwords sets the location to the default chosen value by the user..but bing doesn't..we have to keep saving the target details every time we check our preview

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bulk add site placement URLs for Content Network

When adding individual site placements (instead of using Microsoft Media Network), there is no way to just add a list of placements without searching for each URL one by one and then clicking to add it in the UI. There is no way to add or edit site placements in Bing Ads Editor.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. bing ads editor bugs

bing ads editor bugs:
    1, bing ads editor local keyword destination url update or delete can not be synced to the online ad version.
    2, the IP exclusion can not be added in bing ads editor
    3,3, the option for people physically existing in the target region is always overided by the related option when synced from bing ads editor to online

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ad import settings

There should be an option to distinguish between new ads and updated ads when making multiple changes. For example, Google allows you to choose whether a new final URL (with all other aspects of the ad remaining the same) creates a new ad or updates an existing ad.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow more than one pixel in thank you page

As per many clients requests. Include the feature of adding more than one pixel in the thank you page in Bing. Supporting only one pixel limits the possibility of those big clients with several accounts. I saw a similar idea posted in July 2011, maybe this time it can be pushed further and have something that Google looks like they dont have.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the ability to add bulk keywords within AdCenter Desktop without needing to specify a heading.

Often times I just want to copy a single list of keywords and add them to an adgroup. Adwords lets you do this with their "add keyword in bulk" tools without strictly adhering to an excel table or using headings. This significantly reduces the usefulness and time saving ability of the desktop tool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Broad Match is Ridiculous

the broad match is literally a joke,

the keyword Polytunnels triggers when searchers type:

bmw accessories
    caravan
    Halfords
    bmx
    pets
    fish

there is broad then there is off the scale....

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. remember columns

Please remember the order of the columns I choose. For example, I pretty much always want to see the data in the following order: impr, clicks, ctr%, avg pos, avg cpc, spend, conv, $/conv, conv%.

If I look at campaign level, show that order. If I look at adgroup, ad the campaign column but still show the data in that order. If I look at keywords, ad campaign and adgroup columns but still show the data in that order. same goes for ads. I'm talking about the data specifically. It's fine to keep show other useful columns that are unique…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Clayton,

Thanks for letting us know. The columns order seems to be getting reset when pulling statistics; we will look into this. Other than this scenario, column order should be persisting, please let us know if otherwise.

Thanks

19. ip

IP Exclusion included in editor. Currently it only exist via web interface

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove "Import from Google AdWords" ad updates cap (currently limited to 100 ad updates - more than that's just ignored)

With the "Import from Google AdWords" tool, you may only import 100 ad updates, more than that's just ignored. This doesn't make much sense. What's the point of the tool if you have half ads updated and half ads outdated?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base