Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Imported Changes to Be Reviewed BEFORE Posting

How is it ever a good idea to post changes directly to Bing without any way to review the change? In addition, after importing and automatically posting I then have to re-download the account to see the changes that were just made. This requires more time than the old import function and is dangerous, as I have to post live campaigns before I can see whether or not I actually want to run them.

Without any way to turn off this new "improved" functionality, I am now required to handle all imports with csv files which is slower than the…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added an additional option for you to download locally under Tools → Options → Defaults. Note that, this workaround doesn’t offer the full benefit of server based import as the released version as below -

• Id mapping of campaigns – Tight mapping with Google campaigns based on IDs so there are no missed or duplicate campaigns
    • Scale – Ability to import large accounts
    • Background import that lets you work on other operations as import is in progress
    • Schedules – Creating future recurring imports from editor.

For campaigns that require little or no review, we would recommend a server based import to take advantage of these benefits. In cases where you would like a more hands on preview approach you can use the local download option. You can switch between these options easily between imports based on your needs. If you have further questions or…

2. Add/update Campaign level audience association in Microsoft Advertising Editor

Campaign level audiences can be added or associate using Microsoft Advertising UI. In Microsoft Advertising Editor, you can only add or update Ad group level audiences.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add IP Exclusion Edits to Bing Editor

There should be a way to bulk add IP exclusions to multiple campaigns via Bing Editor.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Accounts List Alphabetical

When you drop down the list of accounts they should be alphabetical.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hotkey for Advanced Bid Changes "Ctrl+B"

Please add a hotkey for advanced bid changes in the editor. AdWords editor is using Crtl+B.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the ability to add bulk keywords within AdCenter Desktop without needing to specify a heading.

Often times I just want to copy a single list of keywords and add them to an adgroup. Adwords lets you do this with their "add keyword in bulk" tools without strictly adhering to an excel table or using headings. This significantly reduces the usefulness and time saving ability of the desktop tool.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ip

IP Exclusion included in editor. Currently it only exist via web interface

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Inputfields Account-Login to small

Longer e-mail adresses don't fit in the imput fields.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. changing date resets columns

Allow user to 'save' new default columns. Currently when I change the date range it automatically resets all the custom columns I have enabled/disabled which is really annoying to have to reset every time.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Status of AdGroups in Desktop Editor Should Not Be Affected by Budget Pause

While working in Desktop Editor, I should see the status of an AdGroup (Active or Paused), instead of the current status. As of right now, all my AdGroups say Budget paused, which doesn't tell me which AdGroups are actually Active or Paused. Editor should NOT be affected by what's going on in the actual account in that way. The only way for me to tell is to click each AdGroup individually and look at the status column in the Edit Details pane, which is not efficient.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bing should have a tool for tracking IP addresses as we have chat tools. Which can help in tracking and tracing of clicks from BOTS

Bing should have a tool for tracking IP addresses as we have chat tools. Which can help in tracking and tracing of clicks from BOTS.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlight changes in editor

Highlight changes in editor

When you have made changes online, hightlight them in the editor after "GET" changes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option for ONLY ENABLED campaign on left panel ... not show ALL campaigns.

Please add option for showing ONLY ENABLED campaign on left panel ... not show ALL campaigns. For some reason you can select "only enabled" on main frame but not left frame.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Basic, normal window functionality doesn't work.

This tool is so frustrating to use. Just basic, normal window functionality doesn't work. The bottom edge of the program window always remains below the edge of my monitor screen making the program impossible to resize. In turn this makes it impossible to access some essential functions of the program, such as accessing the Edit Pane once it's been collapsed. Very frustrating.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Your thing still freezes up while scrolling (my computer is 100% MS and fully updated).

Your thing still freezes (screen stops scrolling) up while scrolling (my computer is 100% MS and fully updated - so no it's not "my computer"). Y'all did a good job of fixing most of this (page loading problems) over the last few months, but the problem remains - please try harder!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Duplicate Keywords tool lacks keywords selection functionality

Duplicate Keywords tool misses keywords selection functionality like Adwords Editor has.When you have thousands of duplicates generated in account it takes just a few clicks in Adwords editor to remove it. In Bing Editor it's impossible to execute in a non-manual way without third party tools.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When setting up target locations, allow users to draw a polygon on a map.

When setting up target locations, it would be great to allow users to draw a polygon on a map. My business had very specific instructions to target the East and West Coasts which meant I had to enter in every coastal state. That took a long time and in the process I accidently targeted Georgia the country instead of Georgia the state.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import ID Colums within bulk import "multiple changes"

The bulk import "make multiple changes" ignors the colum ID.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "One or more of the bid values are less than the floor price?"

"One or more of the bid values are less than the floor price?" - Bid minimums are $0.05. Requiring these minimums on search and/or display when one is not being used creates confusion; and potentially this error requiring 30 minutes of support to resolve. Please make these bids elligable to set to 0.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base