How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

How do we measure impact of Sitelinks on Bing Ads?

Which report allows you to evaluate the % of ads which used Sitelinks (at KW, Ads, campaign or Acct level) and let you judge the KPIs?
We think it increases CTR by 30% but there is no quick way to verify this!

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Amandine Carrey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Susan Palmer, Bing Ads responded  · 

Hi Amandine, we agree that those statistics would be very useful, and we’re working on a report called the “Ad Extensions Impact Report” which will let you see how your ads are performing when they are displayed with Ad Extensions as opposed to without.

Meanwhile, if you want to calculate this on your own, you can get close by running the “Ad Extensions by Ad” report and the “Ad Performance Report”. The “Ad Performance Report” includes the clicks and impressions from the Ad Extensions as well, so you can achieve the comparison you are looking for by subtracting the Ad Extensions by Ad data. This is a hassle, which is why we are working hard to release the “Ad Extensions Impact Report” as soon as possible!

Regarding your other question, about % of Ads using Sitelinks, you should be able to calculate this by running the “Ad Extensions by Ad” report with AdId selected and counting the unique AdId values. You can divide this count by your total number of ads (either get this from the Campaigns tab or by running an “Ad Performance” report and counting them) to get the % of ads serving with Sitelinks.

I hope this helps!

-Charlie (BI PM)

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Amandine Carrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well t does not tell me the statistics I am looking for : % of ads using Sitelinks, and for the Sitelinks vs non-Sitelinks, what are the KPIs (=how to prove the positive impact of using Sitelinks)...

Feedback and Knowledge Base