Provide a way to exclude answers.yahoo.com from online ad campaigns.
I've got a detailed tracking mechanism tied to my site so I can track the conversion efficiency of every single search. Content is about 10% of my business, but the other 90% comes from the search network. Between 58% and 62% of the hits from my ad campaign result from the 'answers.yahoo.com' (or another affiliated answers site), and not one of them have ever resulted in a sale. Its wasted hits on my site, and it eats up more than half my advertising budget. I'm struggling, as are other small businesses. I would love to see my full budget going toward people who might represent an actual customer. I think this would help a lot of others as well. Make our bing campaigns more efficient, which means more business, which means more money for advertising. Win-win.
We do not plan to enable exclusion of individual Yahoo search sites at the current time.
Why can't I vote for this? We are also affected by this. Our ads show regulaerly on MSN content pages where some manager created ads with certain keywords. Almost all the traffic coming from these content pages are fraudulent and do not bring business but only costs.
We would appreciate if we could block traffic coming from "msn.net" or "searchads.msn.net" as this would stop the fraudulent clicks and help us spending our money on real clicks from real users.
provibe a way to exclude answers.yahoo.com from online ad campaigns.site in my email@example.com/tony.hor.16/71,.0852,.117,.2
Hmmm, you should have received the email from me by now. Would you please send the data you're putting together, your account number and the campaigns being impacted to me at firstname.lastname@example.org?
Thank you. I'll collect all my data and look for your email. The data clearly illustrates the concern. Because of the ‘answers.yahoo’ clicks arriving at my site the Bing/Yahoo! advertising conversion costs are nearly 60% more expensive than Google; HOWEVER, when the ‘answers.yahoo’ hits are excluded from the data, the Bing/Yahoo! conversions are far more cost effective. I get more conversions per click, and the ‘ad-cost per sale’ are cheaper. I’ll try to put together a fully detailed response. I hope we can help everyone achieve even better results for every advertising click. I really do like your service. I would just like to see it go from 'good' to 'remarkable' in conversion costs. Thanks again.
Thanks for the follow up, Darrin. I just sent you an email requesting some more information so we can investigate.
You're missing the whole point. The "Yahoo! Bing Network" URLs are THE problem. We SHOULD be allowed to exclude these URLs -- especially 'answers.yahoo.com' -- or at the very least get a heavily discounted advertising fee for every click that comes from that URL. Those are wasted clicks on my ad budget. Absolute zeroes. Yesterday, answers.yahoo.com represented nearly 80% of the 'clicks' coming to my site. That was money, and actual potential customers from the legitimate search network, that were lost to me. It's like flushing away over half my advertising budget (and probably many of your other advertisers as well) for zero results. We should be able to exclude any URL.