Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drupal Module

DRUPAL MODULE (sorry if this exists but i just couldnt find it)- i have been searching for this for quite some time and have seen numerous requests but like google it would be great if there was a module for a bing that you just had to install, put in your code and off you go, conversions installed. Also a ncie addon would be like in a google module if a contact form was submitted that you could add details of the bing ad request to the bottom of the email a bit like this. This would encourage a lot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. reduce whitespace in bing ads editor

Reduce the amount of whitespace in the area where you edit ads, keywords, campaigns, etc. - http://screencast.com/t/1Zo50LtmPoe

Hard to see the rest of the interface on lower resolutions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bing Ads Editor Add Manage Account Search Box

In Bing Ads Editor, Select Accounts > Add Accounts, Check "Show all available account". Attempt to search using the search box at the top.

1. It pressing the "Enter" key doesn't initialize the search. It should for better usability.

2. The search function simply does not work using criteria from ANY column.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stop Evenly Splitting Campaign Budget Among Ad Groups

According to your phone reps, campaign budgets are split equally among ad groups. In other words, a campaign with four ad groups and a $100 budget is actually a campaign with four ad groups, each of which has a $25 budget, and will not share budgets. This is a terrible feature and needs to be changed. Either late us directly budget ad groups, or let all ad groups use all of the available budget.

And if this isn't the case, train your phone reps better.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pop out Warning Message when setting bid price over $10

I got 2 time setting wrong bid price , i want set 0.27 but accidently put $27 for my bid causing me lost $110 some keyword cost $8 per click.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow All Keywords To Be Shown Across The Account

It is so frustrating that you're not able to see all your keywords at account level, and are having to constantly go into individual campaigns and ad groups just to find a keyword! This also makes it impossible to quickly search for duplicate keywords across all campaigns. I tried pulling a keyword report in order to do this which told me I had A LOT of duplicates, and then when i spoke to someone at Bing Ads, I was informed that the report had issues and was in fact wrong!! Exporting keywords out of Bing Ads Editor shows you your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ranking algorithm needs review

We need to review our ranking & relevance algorithm.
    While googlle showed my ad in mainline with same keywords (zumba,fitness,spin), Bing ads struggled to even display my ads. I literally had to throw away successful keywords to get my ads display on Bing. Why would fitness not be considered "highly relevant" keyword for a fitness studio!
    https://bingads.microsoft.com/campaign/campaigns?cid=11059928

Example of irrational error messages I receive in preview tool.
    1)Diagnostics Reason: Duplicate Keyword
    Description:You have a duplicate keyword in this account that was selected instead.
    Suggestion: Why even let user set up a duplicate keyword. UI doesn't help user resolve it.
    2)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why dont we consume all of daily budget limit for Bing ads campaign

We need to review our ranking & relevance algorithm.
    While googlle showed my ad in mainline with same keywords (zumba,fitness,spin), Bing ads struggled to even display my ads. I literally had to throw away successful keywords to get my ads display on Bing. Why would fitness not be considered "highly relevant" keyword for a fitness studio!
    https://bingads.microsoft.com/campaign/campaigns?cid=11059928

Example of irrational error messages I receive in preview tool.
    1)Diagnostics Reason: Duplicate Keyword
    Description:You have a duplicate keyword in this account that was selected instead.
    Suggestion: Why even let user set up a duplicate keyword. UI doesn't help user resolve it.
    2)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why dont we consume all of daily budget limit for Bing ads campaign

I have set up campaign for my Trade places assignment . I set up daily budget of USD70. While Google adwords exhausts my budget ($10 daily budget) in hours, we have only consumed $9 in past 8 days of my campaign. We should maximise adspend per campaign to ensure we are giving customer better experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bing Editor Feature required at Ad Group and Campaign level

We have Replace feature in both Keyword and Ad levels in Bing Desktop Editor. Similar REPLACE feature is required at Ad Group and Campaign level.

It would help us naming/renaming number of ad groups/campaigns quickly.

Thanks,
    Sham

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Increase character limits for login credentials in Bing Ads Editor

Can't log in if your username is an email address because it is too long...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bing Ads Editor - Existing Negatives in the account appearing as un-synched when uploading new negatives

When uploading new negatives into an account - it shows other (previously synched) negatives as un-synced. These previously posted negatives which are bolded make it very difficult for us to work in Bing Ads Editor. We have been told this is designed this way to allow for storage, but this is not user friendly at all and in fact hampers productivity when we use the tool to upload negatives in bulk.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Optimize results after Import from Google

After importing campaign from Google have bing ads suggest optimizations to successfully optimize the campaign for bing and allow the user to select these optimizations with one click and apply to campaign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need to be able to filter a query report for terms we have already added as negatives to save us from checking all the time

We need a column on the Search Query report that highlights if we have already added or excluded a raw search term. That way we can filter the sheet and work with terms we have not yet dealt with.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Advertising for legal online gambling in the State of Nevada? How can I get your Ad policies updated to reflect the new laws?

Hi,

The State of Nevada recently legalized online gambling in the format of online poker. The first site to launch live did so on Tuesday, April 30th: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spt--ultimate-poker-s-legal-online-betting-foray-may-be-a-game-changer-in-the-u-s---010335301.html

My company is licensed to provide marketing services to those legal online gambling operations in Nevada. We are licensed by the same gambling commission that approves the operator licenses: http://gaming.nv.gov/

How can I get in touch with the appropriate folks to update the Bing policies surrounding the use of your paid search products for targeted advertising campaigns in the United States?

Thanks,
    James

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Credit Card Limit For Agency Accounts - 100 Is Not Enough!

I represent an Agency supporting hundreds of clients using Bing Ads. I was told today, after many unsuccessful attempts at adding my credit card to a new account, that there is a 100 account limit per credit card for Agency Accounts.
    My company needs to add at least 1,000 accounts per credit card.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a bulk word exemption so you don't have to do hundreds of exemption requests for the same word

Have a button that allows you to do a bulk word or phrase exemption so you don't have to manually go through and request an exemption for the same word, sometimes thousands of times. very frustrating and slow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Target Social Media Followers

Microsoft has 1Million followers on LinkedIn - similarly, there will be so many on Twitter and facebook. Why can not we target them for the ads based on target category of the ad ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include a Target group

I want to target the Sales and Marketing Executives - but there is no way - I can traget any receipient. Please provide this facility.

I do not want my money to be wasted by displaying an ad to a carpenter when the ad is for a salesman.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Establish printed versions of your setup nstructional videos

Be more user friendly with the setup process

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base