Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Getting in touch with small business.

Compete with Adsence and let everybody participate in advertising too affiliate. MS can do this better. Let people display adds in blogs small websites and you will see searches in bing go up. Google shares with everybody why not MS Bing and Yahoo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Content Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Double Asterisk Bulk Keywords in Interface

The old system used to allow for pasting in Keywords with individual parameters using a double asterisk delimiter. You could set this up in excel then paste it into the interface quickly.

For someone on a Mac this was vital as you don't yet have a desktop editor for Mac OS.

Now you have removed it Adcenter is unusable to me. And to many others on Mac.

For more info on this - http://adcenterhelp.microsoft.com/help.aspx?project=adcenter_live_cam&market=en-us&querytype=topic&query=moonshot_conc_whatsnew.htm

Click through to the May 2007 update. It tells you how it worked. It was great and needs to be reinstated unless a desktop editor for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to filter out zero-conversion rows from the ConversionPerformanceReport

Since conversions may happen up to 45 days after a click, we end up downloading a massive amount of records we don't need to.

Having that option would greatly save us and you bandwidth and potentially processing power serving that information.

This is a conversion report after all. In the majority of cases the user is only interested in records with a least one conversion.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  adCenterCPE, KellyB responded

Great suggestion! We have ongoing plans to improve our reporting experience, and it is very helpful for us to know what is most important to our users. Thank you for taking the time to submit this feedback.

4. Allow Live Virtual Models on the Landing (Home) Page

Please allow live virtual models like http://www.livefaceonweb.com/ or http://www.spokespersonwebsite.com/ on the landing page. This is 2012 and I understand 10 years ago why they were not allowed but the policy needs to change with the times. Having a live model on the homepage has made my bounce rate go down and I get 10% more conversions now on my website because of it. I was told they were not allowed to move as the page moves but today peoples bandwidths are much higher of course so the experience is great for the user. Many fortune 500 companies use live models…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adcenter and Microsoft Publisher merger

The world is becoming more digital and uses less physical published materials, publisher is never used because it lacks a lot of design power like products from Coral and Adobe and others, so its only logical to merge adcenter and publisher together with new features such as:
    1. sms/email marketing
    2. Search engine marketing (Bing and maybe Google too)
    3. Submission and tracking of video/static ads to online ad networks.
    4. Affiliate marketing engine (please view Adobe Business Catalyst affiliate marketing engine www.businesscatalyst.com/)
    5. Social media posting, Article marketing to blogs etc
    7. Submission and tracking of video ads…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Desktop tool - Provide multiple destination URL editing criteria when importing from AdWords via the API

Sometimes several different changes either additive ("and") or exclusive ("or") need to be made to URLs being imported from Google into AdCenter. Allow for multiple criteria to be specified.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Desktop tool - Create a copy destination URL from ads to keywords feature

Even Google doesn't have this. It would be extremely useful. And the opposite might be useful as well... meaning a copy destination URL from keywords to ads feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Desktop tool - editing pane expand and collapse issue

The editing pane can be expanded and collapsed. The problem is when it's collapsed and the user clicks or selects any item in the main grid to either edit or simply to navigate within the main grid, the editing pane automatically re-expands.
    When navigating or selecting multiple rows, this is extremely counter--productive and frustrating.
    Just copy Google's AWE's functionality. Allow the editing pane to remain collapsed until I re-expand it. Why make it automatic when I don't want this???

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Desktop tool - Shrink the vertical dimension of the top icon 'bar'

These icons do not need to be so big. Why take up so much precious real estate?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Desktop tool Copy and Paste keyboard shortcuts SEEM to work but don't.

When copying and pasting items, such as keywords, ad groups, etc. with the ctrl c and ctrl v keyboard shortcuts seems to work (screen/window flashes/refreshes), but then nothing happens. The paste doesn't actually work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Desktop tool Negative/Excluded Keywords multiple entry feature needs to support Match types

This new Excluded keyowrds tab is nice, but it is either malfunctioning or doesn't support the entry of Match Types with a separate column. Add this separate column just like AdWords' AWE. So that it's easy to add Phrase and Exact Match Type negatives.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Desktop tool synchronization with server is malfunctioning or extremely confusing.

When synchronizing with the server, the Desktop tool regularly prduces unexpected results. When working in both the UI and Desktop tool (because neither one works well enough to rely upon solely), I recently attempted to delete 400+ negative keywords and upload 700+ replacement negative keywords via the desktop tool, but had difficulty getting the match types to load properly. Thus I went to the UI and used the campaign settings page to do this. After completing this in the UI, I returned to the Desktop tool to sync. After syncing all seemed well.
    Then this morning I look in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Desktop tool Duplicate keyword errors are assigned randomly to various keywords

keywords seen as duplicates such as those with "for," "in," "at" etc. are chosen randomly in different ad groups/campaigns. In other words in one ad group the "for" version will be designated as an erro and in another the "in" version will be designated as an error when both versions are present in both ad groups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ad id in ads tab

Under the ads tab, allow a filter where I can type in the Ad ID # so it's easier to confirm when PMA is complete. For example, there are 180 pages of ads in the UI and no way to filter just one ad ID without having to export to a spreadsheet or use ACD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bbilling statement report does not have dollar amount

When running a "billing statement" report, it does not contain the actual dollar amount that was invoiced. This information is important for tax filing purposes. For those of us with many accounts, it is a very time consuming task to download each PDF invoice and add the amounts. This report would give us a good way to reconcile our actual invoices totals.
    It would seem that one of the main components of a "billing statement" report should be the amount billed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Options Tab

Create an options tab to set defaults for Traffic, Monetization, etc tools. I have to go through and manually change them each time. In the last MAI we could set the options once and be done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keyword wizard

Being able to combine the traffic and monetization (CPC/Impressions) into one output. This output is heavily used by our company in the old MAI, but is only available as 3 separate functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sql server express

Installer driving me NUTS.

Hi I work for a big company that is trying to use the App. in MS Win 7 systems. Every single time that I try to install the adcenter desktop I get a message saying that I need to insall sql server express 2008 R2, I already did it and the same
    reinstalled the SQL and same. I dont know what else to do. Any ideas?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base