Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn off Close Variations since it can cause irrelevant search terms

We should have a feature where we can turn off close variations to avoid having irrelevant search terms. I'm afraid continuously adding irrelevant searches to my negative keywords list won't really work. As you can see, my ads are shown for completely random keywords so even is I add them as negative, I will be still spending money for other trash search terms.What's the point of exact match type if it's basically the same as broad? This is extremely important.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Match Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey folks,
    We appreciate your input and feedback on the existing matching behavior. We encourage you to reach out to the support team to help address any issues you may encounter in the immediate term. Our algorithms are continuously learning and working to improve matching quality.

As our algorithms continue to learn, we have observed that close variant performance and quality has significantly improved over the past few months. For many customers, close variants are performing better than canonical match types; we do not have any plans to revert the close variant updates. For those customers that are uniquely impacted by these changes, combining effective negative keyword strategies, use of Broad Match Modifier, and escalating to support are great options to address concerns that may still arise.

Best,
    Ben

2. SMS Messaging

Offer SMS (Text) messaging for specific topics and issues - to alert customers of issues with the product or with their account and to let them know when an issue is resolved (e.g. credit card expiring, editorial rejection, paused ads, coupon depleted, etc.)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Microsoft Advertising Intelligence tool missing countries

Hi,

Just worked on the Intelligence tool which is amazon and a time saver as well however not all the countries are added under the option called More Research--> Search-user Location.

Any specific reason why all the countries are not included. I have to run campaign for the country called United Arab Emirates but I can't find the same in the list. Similar to that I noticed lot of missing countries where I need to run a campaign.

Can you please advise when this will be available?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop dropping words from exact match keywords

Bing has started dropping words from exact match terms and calling it under 'same search intent'. For example, they are dropping PURCHASE intent keywords like buy, order, online, ship, delivery and mapping it to the root words.

For example, the keyword 'buy sticky toffee pudding' will show for the search 'sticky toffee pudding' because they say the intent is the same. The data I have absolutely differs - people do not convert on the root word, or if they do, it's a rate that makes the ROAS exceptionally poor.

Also, Google does not do this. They do not drop words…

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Match Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate your feedback. We do not currently have plans to roll back the update to exact match, which included synonyms/implied words/same search intent. Our algorithms are constantly learning to improve the matching quality and we closely track close variant performance. For many advertisers, we have seen lower CPAs and higher CTRs for EEM compared to True Exact. It should also be noted that we will prefer true exact matches over any close variant where applicable. We will continue to monitor close variant quality as well as incorporate your feedback into our planning around any algorithm changes. We encourage you to continue to open support tickets if you are dissatisfied with the traffic your campaigns are receiving.

6. Improving downloading features for Microsoft Advertising Editor (Bing Ads Editor or BAE)

Sending this feedback as for advertiser's request. Wanted to improve our features on Microsoft Advertising Editor (Bing Ads Editor or BAE) as for advertiser's following scenario:

For dowloading all campaigns, duplicated a campaign, added over 15k keywords and posted changes Google Ads Editor in like 5 minutes while BAE was still downloading campaigns up to 3 hours.

I mean, I don't understand the logic of storing anything locally if it has to take so much time to load all the campaigns or posting changes. The one thing I've noticed is that your editor gets stuck at "Finalizing Changes" part while…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. View and edit shopping bids at the ad group level

We would like the ability to view and edit shopping bids at the ad group level. It's helpful when viewing ad groups across various campaigns.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Targeting based on residence

It would be very nice if we will have an option to target people according to the default location in Bing settings. It would help us to target people who are residing on the country we are targeting to. Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. keyword planner

Please make KEYWORD PLANNER tool available in Morocco.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Editable Action Text for Action Extensions

We're a B2B company and would like to add CTAs like "View Demo" or "Get A Guided Tour" in the Action Extensions. It would be great if we could edit the text within a specific character limit so that we can add more relevant and targeted action text.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tool Provider Support for MSAN

Not being able to see front and back end metrics for MSAN in the same platform as their other campaigns is a major roadblock in getting advertiser opted into MSAN - the workaround does not work as well for features like feed-based MSAN

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Insertion Order Consolidation for Multiple Accounts

It'd be much easier to manage insertion orders on the manager account level, rather than on the account level. I'm not managing our budget on the account level, which means that my work is duplicated each time I need to open insertion orders. Please allow functionality to manage budget and insertion orders across multiple accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. List of Longitutde and Latitude

It would be much appreciated if we could have an available list of Longitude and Latitude in the US. It could help us determine the actual state/cities we are targeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Monthly Statement for a Prepay payment setting

Monthly Statement for a Prepay payment setting should show list/breakdown of spend per campaign that customer received.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keyword Planner Issue

In the keyword planner, I entered all of my keywords, set the bid for $2 and daily budget at $10. It says that I should be getting 179-242 clicks weekly, have 4.01K-5.42K impressions, and spend $20.6-$27.8 weekly. But if you calculate those estimated clicks based on the keywords bid which is $2, it is very far to the estimated spend of $20.6-$27.8 weekly. Please review it. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. The weekly estimated spend is impacted by the keywords, bid, budget and account historical performance, etc.

For this case, the estimated spend was capped by budget thus you can see a shaded area in the graph.
    You can try to increase your budget or decrease your bid to adjust.

17. adult product ads (shopping) - US, CA & UK

Would like to be able to set up Adult Toys on Bing Ads Shopping in US, CA & UK.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ads impression on specific user 5 time a day

I have to show my ads impression on specific user 5 time a day. but i can not do this at Bing , Please include this option on your system if possible. I have got this type of option on like Traffic Junky promotional system. So please include this it will be help us to search user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix The Exact Match Keyword Update (Synonyms?)

Bing needs to fix the recent exact match keyword update. The new update essentially makes exact match keywords useless. With the new update, exact keywords can match to synonyms which does NOT allow advertisers to show the most relevant ad to someone searching on Bing.

For us, this has resulted in a lower return on investment and higher advertising spend.

For those not familiar, Bing's new update allows for reordering, stop/function word dropping, implied words/ same search intent, and synonyms (NEW). The update was designed to follow Googles new update for exact match keywords. Unfortunately, the parity is far from…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Match Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate your feedback. We do not currently have plans to roll back the update to exact match, which included synonyms/implied words/same search intent. Our algorithms are constantly learning to improve the matching quality and we closely track close variant performance. For many advertisers, we have seen lower CPAs and higher CTRs for EEM compared to True Exact. It should also be noted that we will prefer true exact matches over any close variant where applicable. We will continue to monitor close variant quality as well as incorporate your feedback into our planning around any algorithm changes. We encourage you to continue to open support tickets if you are dissatisfied with the traffic your campaigns are receiving.

20. Bing shopping

Bing shopping shall be available in all markets

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base