Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow advertisers to delete offline conversions

In the event that the wrong data is uploaded, I would like to delete offline conversions to ensure accurate attribution and reporting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Conversions & UET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Conversion attribution model

Now we measure the success a campaign on a "last click" basis. This means you give all the credit for a conversion to the last-clicked ad and corresponding keyword. However, this ignores the other ad interactions customers may have had along the way.I would like to see the possibility to give non brand campaigns the credits they deserve by dividing the credits of 1 conversion across all ad interactions on the path.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. want to know how to track conversion order numbers from Bing ads

I want to know how to track conversion order numbers from Bing ads, In my Shopify background or any data analysis tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Call Tracking

We need a more accurate call tracking system from Bing ads to track the effectiveness of ads on the platform – the most extreme case was in April 2018 where this campaign “received” over 7,000 calls on just one click (see attached report. Report is from January 2018 through November 2019). Phone calls are an important metric for our clients because the majority of users call rather than fill out an online form.

Since some cases were causing our reporting metrics to be over-inflated, we’ve had to remove the call extension from our accounts which is essentially losing leads for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow conversion tracking if UET tag is implemented via Google Tag Manager

I followed the step by step instructions for adding the UET tag via Tag manager, and then followed the instructions for adding conversion tracking (landing on a thank you page, not a custom event). However, these never picked up conversions, and when I spoke to an advisor I was told that I would have to implement the code on my site. Time could have been saved here if the support pages were clearer from the outset - ie make it clear that to track conversions then the code needs to be implemented on the site and not through a tag…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pay for conversion goals only

Does MS Ads have a way for me to pay only for conversion goals and not for clicks?

I was asking because Google Adwords has a feature that lets you pay only for conversion goals once you have set up the conversion tracking script and you have at least 50 or 100 conversions in a specific period of time (as a criteria to be eligible to activate the feature that lets you pay only for conversion goals).

I would be more than happy to pay for clicks until I reach a specific number of conversions and then MS Ads would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Conversions & UET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Goal Tracking for Automated bidding Strategies

At present, there isn't a way to only factor in specific goals with an automated bidding strategy. Conversions tracked for all goals are factored in. Can we please get more granular tracking for automated bidding strategies?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide Pixel tracking for offsite conversions - Affiliates Need this.

Every other platform has the ability to track off-site events (PageView, add to cart, checkout, purchase). Affiliates do not own the product sites So the UET tag and conversion goals available now won't work. We need pixels to give to affiliate networks and get conversions on BingAds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Website call tracking.

Website call tracking has become more important than ever, not to mention tracking phone duration as conversions. Google can control both of these. With Microsoft owning such little mobile share, they need to adjust their focus and target website call tracking as function. Otherwise, it leads to an undervaluation of their conversion rate, leading to lower budget.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update the UET custom event tracking help article

The documentation on modifying the UET tag tracking code (https://help.ads.microsoft.com/#apex/3/en/56684/2-500) seems to be outdated.

Step 3 mentions the following method to push events to window.uetq:
    window.uetq.push('event', '', {'eventcategory': 'ReplacewithEventCategory', 'eventlabel': 'ReplacewithEventLabel', 'eventvalue': 'ReplacewithEventValue'});

The example webpage (http://bingadsuet.azurewebsites.net/UETDirectOnSite_ReportCustomEvents.html) mentioned on that same page uses the following object for event pushes (which I can't find in the documentation):

window.uetq.push({ 'ec': 'MyCategory', 'ea': 'MyAction', 'el': 'MyLabel', 'ev': 3, 'gv': 5, 'gc': 'EUR' }); (exemplary push)

Please update either of the information sources to follow one object structure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to review all URL’s where the Bing UET tag is present

Ability to review all URL’s where the Bing UET tag is present

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. UET Tag

Please find a way to keep the UET chrome extension on permanently after we slide it open. I shouldn't have to turn it on every time I want to check to see if my code is working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Upload our own data-driven attribution conversions

Similar to SA360 Floodlight conversions, to use our own attributed calculation instead of what UET deems as a conversion.

e.g. what UET says is 10 conversions, we might model it as 4.3 conversions based on weighting on multiple touch points. Use this 4.3 as actual sales when smart bidding to CPA etc (otherwise it thinks it did 10)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have a possibility to have conversion tracking pixel for specific pages (separate from UET tag)

We have a conversions goal which has a repeat rate higher than 1.5. With google we solved this problem adding order ID in GTM, however, in bing we can't solve this problem, because we have just UET tag where we can't adopt separate tracking pixels to specific pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow cross-domain tracking: purchase on different domain than landing page!

How can I track conversion if my goal is on a different domain than my landing page?
    Here, in 2017, Amit Singh Jaggi says that is possible, but no explanation is given: https://microsoftadvertising.uservoice.com/forums/82363-microsoft-advertising-feature-suggestions/suggestions/9452100-dynamic-goal-settings-different-conversion-domain

In this very recent thread support says that is not possible: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bingads-bingadscustomers-bingadstopicanalytic/passing-msclkid-cross-domain/a7ad244e-506f-4737-8b39-f483f551ee84

In the same thread I've posted a possible solution that I'm testing now, but I don't feel very confident. If the feature was available in 2017, is it still? If it is...can someone share the "secret" to me?

Thank you very much,

Matteo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. UET Tag Overview for multiple accounts

Please show the UET Tags only for the appropriate accounts and not for all of the accounts. Some of our clients have access to their account and not for our other clients, but can see the UET Tags of all of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatic Upload from File for Offline Conversions

Create a schedule to regularly upload a file that you keep online by entering a URL for Offline Conversions.

Here is a link for how Google gives it - https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/7014069

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Conversions & UET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CSP would like to remove bat.bing.com from image src

We currently load bat.bing through Google Tag Manager.

I would like to remove bat.bing.com from our image-src in our Content Security Policy.

Do you or could you support non-pixel transport mechanisms such-as xhr or beacons like Google does?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not in our plans right now  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversions & UET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring Back Non-JavaScript Pixel For Conversion Tracking

With privacy concerns and a lot of good reasons not to use cookies I'd really like to see the non-JavaScript pixel make a comeback. Every other major ad platform seems to have retained this primitive yet useful method for tracking page views, and it avoids a lot of potential privacy concerns.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability To Only Count One Specific Goal as a Conversion

Similar to the option in Google Ads.

We would like the ability to only count certain goals in the 'Conversion' column.

This way, we can keep track of multiple Goals along the way to a Conversion, without having duplicate conversion counts.

This would be similar to how Google Ads does it, where you can select whether to count a Goal as a Conversion or not.

Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base