Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Review Bings Broad Match Algorithm

Bings broad match algorithm has gone downhill quickly and broad match alone is now unusuable for all my clients, one client that sells polytunnels advertised for:

pets,fish BMW, Ford, Caravans, wood, hoovers all of the keyword Polytunnel..

im in the process of requesting recompense, due to this being none fault of my own

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  dareo responded

Hello Callum,
    We’d like to help resolve this issue. Can you contact me via email so we can get details of your account and address the problematic matches?

2. Update GoDaddy Conversion tracking from Yahoo to Bing

GoDaddy's Quick Shopping Cart is outdated for conversion tracking, prompting the user for Yahoo Search info. Their instructions are all for the old Yahoo platform.
    Someone should reach out to GoDaddy and have them update this so you get more GoDaddy users using Bing Ads.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Geographic Overlays on Map to see how far city limits extend when setting up geotargeting

Geographic Overlays on Map to see how far city limits extend when setting up geotargeting. When selecting cities as you are setting up a campaign, have the map reflect the entire are of the city instead of a single point on the map....this will give a better idea if you are missing a city that you should be targeting. It's very difficult to know which cities are avialble for targeting and which aren't...it's like playing guess and check.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow more then 10 Negative Keyword lists in the accounts

Please allow to add more then 10 negative keyword lists as Google already do

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display currency on campaigns page (to prevent others from being fired)

I imported my ads from Google Adwords to test Bing Ads.

I had the currency in Google Adwords in HUF, but accidentally set the currency USD in Bing Ads.

I had a 1000 HUF/day (thats about $3.5/day) budget at Google Adwords, it became $1000/day limit after the Bing Ads import.

As the currency is not displayed on any of the sites I visited (campaign etc.), I was quite pleased that the ads performed really well and did not noticed that I was spending 275x the money I wanted.

All in all, I've spent $840 in a few days, which is…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. when y ou are adding new keywords to an existing campaign, if the keywords already exist, the system asks you to "fix" them. This is horribl

when y ou are adding new keywords to an existing campaign, if the keywords already exist, the system asks you to "fix" them. This is horrible.
    It should just ignore the duplicate keywords, instead of having to fix each keyword which already exists...it won't let us enter new keywords until all duplicate keywords are fixed.

Google Adwords doesn't do this since years...

Seems like almost a bug. but kills the desire to add new keywords.

Sanjay

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Here's an idea - give your customers - you know, those who pay your salaries - the option to keep the OLD INTERFACE they are familiar with.

Your idea of a new interface really sucks. Since the customers pay your salaries, why not try to keep them happy? Give them the option to CHOOSE the old interface. I really don't have time to enter into a new learning curve just so your bored tekkies can screw around with the interface.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Gender and Age Range as View options in Dimensions Tab

The campaign settings allow entry of bid adjustments based on the customer's age range or gender, but there isn't any good data to make this decision on within the interface. If we could see the clicks and conversion by age range and/or gender then we could see which customers are more likely to convert and adjust bids accordingly.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add possibility to change/replace a banner of current campaign

Add possibility to change/replace a banner of current campaign

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Selecting All Campaigns on All Pages in UI

Selecting ALL campaigns or extensions or keywords on ALL pages to delete simultaneously, rather then erasing the selection page by page.

When deleting thousands of extensions, the option to select all extensions on all pages never shows, making the process to delete all a lot more tedious than necessary. Sometimes there are 50 pages of extensions....

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove the new "Change account" pop up and change back to the traditional drop-down for selecting accounts.

The new Change account blue link on the Campaigns page of Bing Ads is absolutely not an improvement as it makes changing between accounts a lot less smooth and more time-consuming.

Perhaps this is fine for clients with a few accounts, but when you manage accounts for large agencies (70-100 accounts) it is really annoying.

Changing this back to the original drop down would be a great improvement.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. TARGETING

I would like to target people base from language but still located in US is this possible?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  dareo responded

Adding support for more languages per country is in the works. Stay tuned.

14. Double Asterisk Bulk Keywords in Interface

The old system used to allow for pasting in Keywords with individual parameters using a double asterisk delimiter. You could set this up in excel then paste it into the interface quickly.

For someone on a Mac this was vital as you don't yet have a desktop editor for Mac OS.

Now you have removed it Adcenter is unusable to me. And to many others on Mac.

For more info on this - http://adcenterhelp.microsoft.com/help.aspx?project=adcenter_live_cam&market=en-us&querytype=topic&query=moonshot_conc_whatsnew.htm

Click through to the May 2007 update. It tells you how it worked. It was great and needs to be reinstated unless a desktop editor for…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More flexibity to set budget alerts

It would be great if alerts could be set when the budget threshold is almost reached, with a certain flexibility: i.e. send an alert if only 10% of the budget is left

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Do not have "all locations" set by default.

As far as default settings go, a default setting of "all locations" is unusually dangerous and almost never useful. I'd recommend setting a default setting of "no locations" instead.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. adcenter all in one marketing

Adcenter and Microsoft Publisher merger for an All-In-One Marketing software as service
    The world is becoming more digital and uses less physical published materials, publisher is never used because it lacks a lot of design power like products from Coral and Adobe and others, so its only logical to merge adcenter and publisher since they are trying to achieve the same goals which is marketing the business and its products. Marketing department are in need for an all-in-one marketing software package, a power software that allows them to develop, manage and analyse all marketing channels and activities rather than having…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Targeting non-English language users located in the UK with English ads

An area of additional spend that can offer incremental conversions on Google is to target non-English language users located in the UK with English ads. As a default, new campaigns are set to English and in the UK when generated. However, on Google you can target differently by creating new campaigns that target all non-English languages within the UK. Therefore, if a user is searching on www.google.fr/ but they are located in the UK then you can show them English ads related to their keyword. Affiliate clients especially do this, but this practice is becoming more mainstream and proved to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Block searchads.msn.net

Alot of spam clicks coming from searchads.msn.net.
    (example: http://searchads.msn.net/Best_Antivirus_Software_2017.cfm?&vsid=1382283451467977&vi=1507693224113803172&dytm=1507693223561&rtbsd=6&verid=121121&hvsid=00001507693223406016714146794031&upk=1507693223.18002&sttm=1507693223406&)
    It is spam clicks from contextual ads placed on msn.com.
    I didn't sign up for contextual, I only want legit search users.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base