Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include a Target group

I want to target the Sales and Marketing Executives - but there is no way - I can traget any receipient. Please provide this facility.

I do not want my money to be wasted by displaying an ad to a carpenter when the ad is for a salesman.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Establish printed versions of your setup nstructional videos

Be more user friendly with the setup process

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. There needs to be a "report only" access to my accounts...

I have multiple people that need access to my account... you don't have report only access?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When setting up first campaign, let customers know they can create more than one ad

When customer create their first campaign, let them know they can create more than one ad. The initial form to create a campaign asks for one ad but does not say that you can create more. Including text that says something like “don’t worry, you can create more than one ad for this campaign. We just need one to get started” will really help. Google AdWords does this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Campaign budget management

I recently had a campaign stop becuase it had gone over the monthly budget by $1.86. Why not have a margin of error, say 10%, that allows you to go over that monthly budget if necessary to keep the ad running. You could even have the option of making the monthly budget a hard (no overages) or soft limit. This would give the user the option to keep the campaign running.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow me to set a default time range for my home page reporting (currently set at 7 days).

I rarely look at a 7 day time range when checking my metrics, but the home page always defaults to this (incidentally removing all my filters from the rest of the campaign reporting pages). I want to customize my home page to always show my preferred time range.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a report to show how many times a negative keyword has blocked my ad from showing.

I have added a lot of negatives preemptively, but have no idea which ones are actually affecting the results of my campaign or whether I am inadvertently blocking relevant traffic. I would like to see which keywords are blocking traffic and which ones have never come up. It would be easier to manage a shorter negative keyword list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. NOT RUNNING ADS

please i dont know why my ad is not running, please help me out!!!! my username is: saypauloh - X7552002

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul, our Support team would be very happy to help you. Please call them at 1-800-518-5689 or contact them using one of the resources here at your earliest convenience: http://aka.ms/ha03g3

10. BingAds web UI timesout after 20 minutes and I need to login again, while adwords ui doesn't? Seems like a good thing for users that frequen

BingAds web UI timesout after 20 minutes and I need to login again, while adwords ui doesn't. Seems like a good thing for users that frequently use the UI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please Add Car & Garage Category Back to Bing Shopping Direct Feed

At the end of last year, Bing Shopping dropped a number of categories, including ours for Car & Garage, from the ability to submit a direct feed due to "low traffic". I find this insane as our site alone received a huge amount of monthly traffic from Bing Shopping. We are now required to go through Shopping.com even to appear on Bing Shopping - which is a paid channel. Isn't this hypocritical of the "Scroogled" campaign? This means we have to pay in order to appear in Bing Shopping. Simply not fair.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Manage referrers better -- remove Yahoo! Answers, Voices etc.

Some referrers such as voices.yahoo.com, answers.yahoo.com (and many more such as images etc. -- multiple Bing and Yahoo properties) have provided terrible ROI for my campaigns. I have spent more than $1000 in advertising over the last 2-3 months for one particular campaign and barely broke even. Search.bing.com and search.yahoo.com have proved profitable referrers, but not profitable enough to offset the clicks gotten through non-search properties such as Images/Voices/Answers.

I have already removed non-Bing/Yahoo referrers (with the pertinent setting) but since we can't just target search.bing.com and search.yahoo.com, I am forced to pause my campaign, not to be relaunched. It's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Equality in Geo-Bidding Currency Limits in Bing Ads

Currently Bing Ads, have keyword bid limits depending upon the currency of the account.

For example, an account with INR currency can bid for a keyword only upto INR 1000 (roughly $20). Now, if this campaign is targeted to US country, then this advertiser will have to compete with advertisers in the US or ROW for the same keyword. However, another advertiser in US might bid $25 and can actually bid upto $1000 (max limit for US$ currency account) for this keyword and therefore will always beat advertiser in India. Hence, monopolizing the ad auction system.

In this example, I'm…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the ability to pause a negative keyword either in the UI or the Editor (ACD) tool.

There is no option to pause a negative keyword either in the UI or the Editor (ACD) tool. Sounds like a good feature to an option to Pause negative keyword.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting this feature suggestion! Could you please share an example of when you would want to pause a negative keyword and let that kw traffic through so we can understand the need/scenario?

Thanks!

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Account Kick-off

When exploring within an account, the program often kicks me out. This has been a recurring problem for nearly a year now, which I had presented to AdCenter when the issue first presented itself in 2011.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for letting us know about this experience. Hope you don’t mind that I have a lot of questions. :) Is the system timing out while you’re exploring and then taking you back to a sign in page? Is this a consistent problem every time you’re in adCenter? Is there a certain page you navigate to that kicks you out? How long are you in the session before getting kicked out?

18. Please add the world languages to your site. It is incredible that if I want buy ads on Bing, I cannot do it for italian language speakers

I am ready to pay NOW to buy advertising on Bing in the italian language, but it is not possible.
    Did Bill Gates knows about this "small" shortage?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dire need for Agency Management Feature improvements.

One, when an agency receives/accepts an invitation client accounts should be accessible to super admin & client admin from log in. Two "in-line steps/pop-ups that guide agencies/client's through the process. Three expand/customize Available reports for agencies in management of their clients. For example, Search Query Report. It is understandable that agencies have access to only certain aspects of their clients accounts. But they need enough available reporting to support them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "other Ideas" Algorythmic feed presentation

When there is one mainline 1st position ad please give the advertiser the option to exclude "Other Ideas" Or make it's presentation less ambigious against the ad. Now it appears as if its in the Ad space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base