Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. delete uet

Make it so I can delete old UET tags and conversion goals.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Call Extension Conversions

Currently in Google, you are able to stipulate that a phone call after 5 minutes is a conversion – but currently there is a way to do this on our platform. Ideally, my clients are hoping to be able to track conversions from the Call Extensions, rather than just having a call count.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Tell us more  ·  dareo responded

We’ve begun to investigate providing this feature and would like to hear more from those interested. Are you using call extensions already? If so, what percentage of your calls are over 5 minutes today based on the reports? If you aren’t using call extensions, is lack of this capability a blocker?

How are you using this feature on other platforms and how does it help with your search engine marketing optimizations?

3. Website Call Conversion Tracking

I would love to see the ability to track call conversions once a visitor has clicked my ad and been directed to my site and then makes a phone call.

This feature is explained in greater detail here: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2014/08/introducing-website-call-conversions.html

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upon review, we do not have any near term plans to provide this particular conversion tracking functionality

4. Use an order ID to minimize duplicate conversions

Currently, refresh of purchase confirmation page counts as one conversion, and Adwords's solution to that :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6386790?hl=en

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a column to manage different conversion Steps

I really like the possibility of having different customizable conversion steps (like browsing, prospects) that are different from the transactional conversion. This is really useful.

But I see the only way to access this information is by making a report. On this report you have to tick "KW" so that you know which Keyword, adgroup and campaign triggeered those "mini-conversions".

The idea is that this gives you a way to optimize when transactional conversions are not present. It would be great to have them directly on the management interface available on a column, for those who need it.

Same for…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatic Upload from File for Offline Conversions

Create a schedule to regularly upload a file that you keep online by entering a URL for Offline Conversions.

Here is a link for how Google gives it - https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/7014069

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to add Conversion Goals as Audience

As advertisers, we should have the ability to remarket back to users via our already defined and tracked conversion goals.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. UET & Goal Migration (Tag Sharing across CIDs)

Allow Agencies to migrate UET Tags and Goals into other accounts that they have access to. So if a UET tag has been created in the agency Shell (by mistake) it can then be moved into the client's account along with the goals. As the client may have already installed the tag before we realise its been setup in the wrong place.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are looking to enable Tag Sharing across CIDs and also have the “delete uet” in backlog. By tackling these two, we should remove this blocker and avoid migration.

9. Allow advertisers to delete offline conversions

In the event that the wrong data is uploaded, I would like to delete offline conversions to ensure accurate attribution and reporting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. List of Conversion URLs

It would be great if Bing Ads could show all URLs that are reporting conversions. Adwords has this in the "conversions" interface. This makes it much easier to troubleshoot / audit conversion tracking setup to make sure that the right webpages are firing off conversions.

You could put it under the reporting tab but I think it woudl be better under the conversions / UET section, like adwords does it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Import google analytics Transaction and Goals

It will be great if we can we can import Transaction and Goals from Google analytics to Bing Ads and also the re-marketing list.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please build a UET Tag helper plug-in for Edge.

It would be great to have a UET helper plug-in built for the Edge browser. Currently it's only available for Chrome.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. UET-Tag for AMP

We wanted to insert the UET-Tag into our AMP (Accelerated Mobile Page) and after talking to the support, we found out that there is no "non-javascript" that we can use.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability To Only Count One Specific Goal as a Conversion

Similar to the option in Google Ads.

We would like the ability to only count certain goals in the 'Conversion' column.

This way, we can keep track of multiple Goals along the way to a Conversion, without having duplicate conversion counts.

This would be similar to how Google Ads does it, where you can select whether to count a Goal as a Conversion or not.

Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Call Tracking

We need a more accurate call tracking system from Bing ads to track the effectiveness of ads on the platform – the most extreme case was in April 2018 where this campaign “received” over 7,000 calls on just one click (see attached report. Report is from January 2018 through November 2019). Phone calls are an important metric for our clients because the majority of users call rather than fill out an online form.

Since some cases were causing our reporting metrics to be over-inflated, we’ve had to remove the call extension from our accounts which is essentially losing leads for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. offline conversion adjustment

please add Conversion Adjustments for offline conversions

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring Back Non-JavaScript Pixel For Conversion Tracking

With privacy concerns and a lot of good reasons not to use cookies I'd really like to see the non-JavaScript pixel make a comeback. Every other major ad platform seems to have retained this primitive yet useful method for tracking page views, and it avoids a lot of potential privacy concerns.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the ability to track a "virtual pageview" of a page that doesn't necessarily exist. This simplifies our page conversion tracking.

We have forms that are submitted via XHR requests and we want to track conversions when those requests come back successful. However, rather than tracking an event, we'd like to use a virtual pageview for simplicity. Basically, we'd tell Bing that the user went to a specific page URL that doesn't actually exist.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Website Phone numbers tracking

We should able to track the website phone # by adding code to track the phone number call that came from Bing compare to other platforms. (Desktop Website or Mobile website)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow cross-domain tracking: purchase on different domain than landing page!

How can I track conversion if my goal is on a different domain than my landing page?
    Here, in 2017, Amit Singh Jaggi says that is possible, but no explanation is given: https://microsoftadvertising.uservoice.com/forums/82363-microsoft-advertising-feature-suggestions/suggestions/9452100-dynamic-goal-settings-different-conversion-domain

In this very recent thread support says that is not possible: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bingads-bingadscustomers-bingadstopicanalytic/passing-msclkid-cross-domain/a7ad244e-506f-4737-8b39-f483f551ee84

In the same thread I've posted a possible solution that I'm testing now, but I don't feel very confident. If the feature was available in 2017, is it still? If it is...can someone share the "secret" to me?

Thank you very much,

Matteo

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base