Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Report exports has percentages as whole numbers in CSV sheets. This causes Excel to display the wrong percentages.

Seriously?

Percentages should ALWAYS be presented as decimal numbers. For example 5.6% CTR should be 0.056 in Excel CSV. NOT 5.6 which = 560% in Excel.

Such a huge oversight.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Age and gender reporting. Please add the option to run the report by hour, i.e under Show (unit of time) please add the option "Hour".Thanks

Age and gender reporting. Please add the option to run the report by hour, i.e under Show (unit of time) please add the option "Hour".Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. New Bing Shopping Campaigns - report statistics in KeywordPerformanceReport with a null keyword, to be backward compatible

Reporting for New Bing Shopping Campaigns

Report statistics in KeywordPerformanceReport with a null keyword, to be backward compatible with existing shopping campaigns. KISS principle. We have numerous clients with search/legacy shopping and now the new shopping and need to be able to quickly and easily obtain all metrics for accounts and of course balance to payments/invoices.

The two new reports will not easily balance actual spend for my campaigns due to "In the Product Partition report, an impression or click associated with a product appears in all the levels that contain the product. Filter on the Product Group column for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add keyword level data for manual phone calls

In the call forwarding report there is the campaign and ad group data but not the keyword and search term used to trigger the ad that received a manual phone call.

Please consider adding this ASAP as my client gets almost all phone calls for their leads and not form fields, and not having the keyword data means I can't perform any work on their account!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Misuse of Bing ads and working against policy

Hi the url landing page is not under bing policy
    http://www.1800-986-6940-tech-support.org/
    Kindly see that .
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Report to cross reference Keywords with Search Partner Network sites

I'd like a way to see which keywords have appeared on which Search Partner Network sites.

Currently, I have some under-performing keywords and some under-performing partner sites. However, I don't know if the keyword is bad because it's only appearing on bad sites, or if a site is bad because it's only using bad keywords.

I don't want to kill off what could be a good keyword, just because a bad site is dragging it down, and I don't want to kill off what could be a good site just because bad keywords are dragging it down.

Therefore, it would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reporting

Implement a report that will pull invoices from a specific date range in order to see all charges listed with the date, amount, and card info. We are able to view this information under the Accounts & Billing tab but there is no report to generate (especially if being charged several times a month, causing multiple pages) and the report can be set up automatically to help stay on top of accounting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Device Preference as column in Ad report

Unable to add Device Preference as a column in the Ad report located in the Reports center. Only able to add it when exporting in the Ads tab of the Campaign dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change reporting default to "Summary"

Please change the reporting default to "summary" rather than "day." Nothing is more frustrating than running a report for the previous month, only to have thousands of lines of data for every campaign/ad group/keyword for each day of the month. I like having the option to segment by day, but it shouldn't be the default. I have to run most reports twice because I forget to change the default to Summary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Forcing Excel to your customers for using Bing ads Intelligence is bad.

Hello everyone.

I was just stunned when I contacted your support, I had to buy and install Office just to be able to use your "tool" Bing ads Intelligence (very polite and good support though)

I come from Adwords/Adsense (sorry but thats how it is), and I think everything should be 100% web based. Why?

Well to start with, I did not have Office. Congrats on that sale though, I might not continue my Office 365 subscription though.

And when I was talking to your support, being told to install Office I realized I had to Close down my chat…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Excel Exports

When exporting keyword data export bids including default bids instead of leaving it blank.

I included a CSV file of an account but deleted keywords, ad groups and campaigns for anonymity. Notice that under the bid column there are blanks where the default bid should be. This would be useful when using a formula in a spreadsheet to calculate bids. You can't use a formula on blank cell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change History Report Delay

It's not clear what the delay is for changes to show up in the Change History report. I recommend:
    * Putting something in the documentation
    * Putting a notice on the report configuration page that goes something like "Note: There may be a delay of up to XX hours for changes to be included in this report."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Magento Plugin and other eCommerce Sites

I think Bing should look into creating plugins for the major ecommerce platforms so that people can integrate your tracking without having to edit their files on the server. So many platforms have Google Analytics by default but you have to jump through hoops to setup Bing tracking. I currently use Magento and there is no simple way to add your tracking because the one plugin I could find isn't updated anymore. I know you can add the tracking code to certain files but when it doesn't work, one is still at a lost as to why it isn't working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Editorial Team Partial Not Fair

Bing Editorial Team disallowed my ad campaign for the same keywords, services. But allowing others to advertise for the same thing. May I know why? Did they pay you more?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create Effective Ads tool online - or for Mac Users

Apparently the tool is only available on Windows 7 and up.
    Incredible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ad extension details

This report takes forever. Please redo methodology or crank up the speed of the calculations. It's slow both in UI and API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Restore previous report printing system

In current system, report heads are overprinted. Never happened before. I took this up with customer support. They ended up blaming it on my printer. Not so. Have never had this kind of problem until BING downgraded its interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base