Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to bid at 0.01

Being able to bi at 0.01

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  dareo responded

We do not plan to lower minimum bids below their current levels for the foreseeable future.

2. Penalizing accounts

Please do not penalize a whole account because of one ad group. Plus let your users know what they did wrong and let them know they have been penalized. It makes your customer service agents look like idiots. Cause there clueless and making guesses on why a account was penalized. This is very poor customer service. Youll are leaving so much money on the table because of not telling your customers whats going on. Some people make a living advertising online and youll make it harder.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are no plans to update our policies with regards to account penalties at this time.

3. Need Ability to Block more than 100 IP Addresses or subnets.

I need the ability to block more than 100 IP Addresses and subnets. This stems from the fact that you can not target mobile ads based on carriers. What I've been doing is placing a filter on my mobile ads to block out other carrier traffic. The problem is I've amassed over 100 ip address ranges and your exclusion tool only allows me to block 100 ip addresses. I need the ability to block at least double that amount. Maybe 500 ip address is a nice round number.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do not plan to extend our IP address blocking functionality at this time given the current limits work for the majority of users

4. Restore/ Re-Enable Deleted Campaigns, Just Like AdWords

In AdWords, campaigns are never technically deleted, but hidden from the active account and paused so that it doesn't clutter the main interface. I ran into an issue because our accounts are handled by 2 people and my colleague accidentally deleted a campaign from uploading a list.

It would've been nice to simply click the tabs that display "All, All but deleted, and All enabled" and be able to see that deleted campaign again and simply restore it that way.

Lucky for us, we have the same campaign in AdWords and are able to import the campaign again and not…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do not have any near term plans to add this capability.

5. Broad Match Modifier Workability

Please can you add an option to change broad match keywords to BMM without having to delete and re-upload them. OR, break away from what Google do and have BMM as its own match type

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have no plans to make broad match modifier its own match type

6. Bing Ads Intelligence for Macs running Excel 2011

Make Bing Ads Intelligence available for Mac users who have Excel 2011 installed.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not plan to support BAI and Excel 2011 on Macs

7. Bing Ads Intelligence need live for mac

Bing Ads Intelligence need live for mac

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have any plans to support BAI on Mac.

8. Update negative phrase match logic

The current negative phrase match setup makes it impossible to negative match some of the terms I need to avoid. For example, say I want to avoid anything containing "Progressive". Current phrase match rules will only negative match the query if "progressive" is a standalone word. Broad match is too broad (I want "auto insurance") and exact match can only be done afterwards on long-tail queries. How can I negative something like "progressiveagent" where there should be a space, but isn't?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have no plans to change negative phrase match logic at the current time.

9. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have no plans to have Bing Ads Intelligence work on Macs in the near future.

10. ad preview tool

The Ad Preview Tool is a very useful tool for advertisers who want to check if their ads are serving and also for advertisers who are not in market to check their ads in these markets (for example UK advertisers with FR, DE, IT, etc. accounts) however the tool only displays results from page 1 of the SERP. This is not a good user experience for advertisers in competitive marketplaces who want to check if their ads are serving. Can this tool be upgraded to show all results available in the SERP?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t expect to change this behavior of the ad preview tool given low interest in this functionality in recent years.

11. Unlimited ads per ad group

Currently ad groups are limited with the numbers of ads you can have within an ad group. If Bing could PLEASE open this up to be unlimited. It's quite frustrating when you need to create new duplicate ad groups within Bing, as these then don't lineup with Google when you're doing imports. :)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make available to target your system to Russia with Russian-speaking population

Make available to target your system to Russia with Russian-speaking population and replace the current ads on Yandex Direct on Bing Ads

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not plan to add support for Russian language ads in the near future.

13. Allow for negative broad match keywords

Google allows to add broad match negative keywords. Bing, please do the same!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do not have plans to add support for broad match negative keywords at this time.

14. Make bing adwords for Romania as well

The Romanian Market should have bing as well not just google adwords
    .And is not any point to write my advertise in english beacuse my customer don't search in english

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not plan to support Bing Ads in Romania in the near future.

15. Please consider adding Greek to available campaign and ad languages..

Google Adwords for the moment the only available choice for many firms offering internet services. Adwords have become far too expensive and totally not a VFM service.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There are no plans to support Greek language ads at the current time.

16. Website Inclusion feature

Have the option to include websites where the advertisers want their ads to run instead of excluding. Some advertiser complain that because we only have the option to exclude, it takes a lot of their time to run reports and monnitor their campaigns' performance regularly because they dont want totally eliminate all syndicated websites.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do not plan to add the ability to only choose which partner sites adds show on versus the current exclusion feature.

17. Broad Match Modifiers - Disable Close Variations

Because Bing's Broad matching algorithm is overly aggressive, we should at least have the option to disable close variations when using Broad Match Modifiers. We've setup many keywords that include a few broad match modified keywords, and our ad will return for search terms that do not include all (or sometimes any) of those keywords. That's more than a little ridiculous, and defeats the purpose of setting up Broad Match Modifiers.

If I'm explicitly setting up a keyword where I'm requiring a certain term be present in the search query, it's quite presumptuous to simply match that term to what…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are no plans to disable close variants at the current time.

18. Allow non US Traffic in PubCenter

Please allow global traffic for Windows Phone 8 ads on PubCenter, This enables developers to get more revenue from their apps and more profit for Microsoft too.

Advertisers from all countries should be able to create campaigns, this will increase fill rate of the ads as well as ECPM rate.

Please consider this suggestion.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not the appropriate forum for Windows Phone ad control feature requests.

19. Provide a way to exclude answers.yahoo.com from online ad campaigns.

I've got a detailed tracking mechanism tied to my site so I can track the conversion efficiency of every single search. Content is about 10% of my business, but the other 90% comes from the search network. Between 58% and 62% of the hits from my ad campaign result from the 'answers.yahoo.com' (or another affiliated answers site), and not one of them have ever resulted in a sale. Its wasted hits on my site, and it eats up more than half my advertising budget. I'm struggling, as are other small businesses. I would love to see my full budget going…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do not plan to enable exclusion of individual Yahoo search sites at the current time.

20. Mac OS X targeting

I need targeting only to Mac OS users, other ads products has such targeting and gets a lot of client budgets.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have no plans to add support for desktop OS targeting in the near future

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base