How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

Website Call Conversion Tracking

I would love to see the ability to track call conversions once a visitor has clicked my ad and been directed to my site and then makes a phone call.

This feature is explained in greater detail here: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2014/08/introducing-website-call-conversions.html

56 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the service industry (plumbers, landscapers, locksmiths, contractors, etc.), most people will pick up the phone and call, not submit a form on the website. When you work in these industries, it's hard to justify using BingAds because you don't know if it's working. At Adwords, this is very easy to integrate. BingAds is really behind the times on this major feature.

• George Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to create a website call tracking conversion in the Bing Ads UI. Not a call extension... I'm talking about code that can be placed on the website that dynamically changes the static phone number to a tracking number provided by Bing.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree and would it be possible to piggyback on what Adwords has done for website call tracking. It would be great to be able to be able to set this up seamlessly without breaking what is already working.

• Nick Baldwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on this. This feature is very important - clients are busy and ask what the source is - but customers on the phone will not say 'I clicked a google ad or I clicked a bing ad and called. If bing want more business then this is key.

• David Greene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a huge defect in Bing ads. We all want data on what's working in a campaign and Google has been offering it for years. Why won't Bing? Should be a simple code placed before the website phoone number so we know which keyword prompted a conversion.

• David DiLoreto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if it could connect to Google Analytics and pull out the conversions via a phone call tracking system such as Ifbyphone, Century Interactive or Mongoose Metrics. This data is very important and Adwords allows Analytics to connect and send the data over to them for accurate reporting. The Call Tracking data would be great to have to show the conversion within Bing Ads.

• dez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While solutions like Call Tracking tools allow to log a conversion into Adcenter, it seem like it's not possible to distinguish the conversion Type (in my case a call but could be other types) from other Purchase/Forms conversion. A conversion type variable would be great to do just that and make conversion reports more holistic and meaningful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base