How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

Please make "Rotate ads more evenly" the default option instead of "Optimize for clicks" (or allow users to choose which should be default)

Whenever creating a new ad group (or campaign which requires a default first ad group at the time of creation), the default selection for ad rotation is "Optimize for clicks". It would be great if users could set "Rotate ads more evenly" to be the default selection for every new ad group and campaign.

For someone who is always testing ad copy (that should b everyone!), this would be a huge difference in campaign creation.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tony shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assumed that since none of the ads had any impressions to begin with, Bing would test them all with at least a few impressions before gradually showing some much more than others. This is apparently not the default, therefore I was sitting on an ad with 0 impressions created at the same time as the other ads... Please improve clarity

• Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man, this is really a needed option! I often find that my ads are not receiving even impressions weeks after starting a test, only to find out the the ad group was set to "optimize for clicks", even though I set it to "Rotate evenly" before! Why does this setting get reset on its own? Advanced advertisers need an option to lock this setting since we know what we're doing and properly-testing ad variants is an absolute necessity.

Feedback and Knowledge Base