How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

Need Ability to Block more than 100 IP Addresses or subnets.

I need the ability to block more than 100 IP Addresses and subnets. This stems from the fact that you can not target mobile ads based on carriers. What I've been doing is placing a filter on my mobile ads to block out other carrier traffic. The problem is I've amassed over 100 ip address ranges and your exclusion tool only allows me to block 100 ip addresses. I need the ability to block at least double that amount. Maybe 500 ip address is a nice round number.

54 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ollie Hales shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Declined  ·  dareo responded  · 

We do not plan to extend our IP address blocking functionality at this time given the current limits work for the majority of users

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • F B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dareo, the suggestion contained 2 parts: have more than 100 IP addresses OR allow subnets. You're declining to change the 100 limit, but what about allowing the subnets instead? This is what Google Adwords has and this is a requirement to fight robot clicking.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm struggling to add a /16 network due to this limitation - negative keywords can only get me so far, but I really need to block a specific large organization that will never become a customer of mine, but they keep clicking on my ads...

• Veronica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Ollie Hales pointed out, we need the IP exclusion to allow subnet exclusion

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the purpose of having a limit to block IP?
    Remove your limit, or I will stop advertising.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be even better that we can block ip-numbers for the whole account at once, at least 1000 numbers/ranges

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100 addresses isn't very many, google gives you 600. I don't mind having to block more specific numbers, but 100 doesn't cover very many when you have to be specific. Just to block the current Chinese blacklist of IPs (spammers) would require more than 100.

• Mega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The funciton of excluding the whole IP domain does not work and thus i need to exclude IP one by one. in this case, the number that we can put in the IP exclusion is not enough, please increase the limit.

• Ollie Hales commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need the ability to block more than just the last octet.

Instead of blocking say 9.42.93.*

We also need the ability to block 9.42.*.*

Feedback and Knowledge Base