How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

If we cannot target Bing or Yahoo, at least segment their perfomance so we can manage accordingly.

122 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chriskos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Declined  ·  Susan Palmer, Bing Ads responded  · 

On the Yahoo! Bing Network, advertisers cannot target nor compare the performance of their campaigns on Yahoo! vs. Bing.

Yahoo! and Bing are committed to providing advertisers with the benefit of a combined marketplace through a single platform. Allowing separate reporting counteracts that goal.

Thank you for your input. We appreciate it and your business!

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have now totally disabled my AdCenter campaigns following another dreadful day on one of my remaining Adgroups that suddenly spiked and used up all my budget for the day. I cannot believe that Microsoft are going to keep this up - they had finally started to get some traction with AdCenter, and they are ruining it - people will take a long time before they trust Microsoft advertising. Unless they give us control to exclude yahoo, I will definitely not be using AdCenter again.

• Jeremy Kenyon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have already cut my AdCenter spend by 40,000 pounds a year, because of this issue. Repeated spikes of worthless traffic from Yahoo, via their Hot Topics, meant my AdCenter campaign was operating at a loss. I have drastically cut it back now.

Its very disappointing that MS will not address this issue. When companies become this blinkered, it becomes easy for a better replacement to take over. Nokia thought they were untouchable, MS thought their browser was untouchable. MySpace thought it was untouchable. Its a short term view. In the internet world, a replacement will come along far quicker than people expect.

FWIW -the actual search between Yahoo and Bing didn't seem so different to me, as long as it was real traffic. The problem is the huge spikes from Yahoo Hot Topics totally change the average.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another naive error from Microsoft. I know why you've done it - to inflate your search figures. But people will stop using Adcenter if they can't optimise correctly.

Yahoo and Bing convert differently thanks to a hugely varied user base for both search engines.

• Bonzo Flabulous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be that we can target either Bing, or Yahoo, or both, in the Campaign settings.

But if you refuse to do that, at minimum, this suggestion should be upheld. It's worth two of my votes.

Don't you realise that Yahoo! and Bing have different audiences?

• Pankaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree to this. Having segregated data for Yahoo and Bing will make the advertisers take informed decisions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base