Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If an ad is held due to editorial review it should not automatically run as soon as it is approved.

I created a campaign that was subject to endless delays due to editorial review. When the ad was finally approved I was not immediately notified. As a result I lost £40 because I was not closely monitoring the campaign which was hemorrhaging funds.
    This is totally unacceptable. Ads placed on editorial review should automatically placed on pause to enable the advertiser to retain control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. after adding payment methop

I think there should be a message regarding $1 charge once card is added and to wait a resonable time before adding payment, so the accounts stop from going on hold for better customer retention or irrated calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Using bing editor won't apply automatically

When I use bing editor, I feel it's much faster than doing in the website. Sometimes the website just froze. Later I found that the change I made in bing editor is NOT automatically updated in the server. I need to "sync" the change. In my mind, if I change something that didn't take effect, when I exits the app, it will notify me that my changes hasn't been really made yet. Maybe we should notify the user about changes that hasn't been applied before closing the app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There should be a better way to send Reviews of your Ads and Keywords. Right now the way I am doing is exporting the ads as html format and

There should be a better way to send Reviews of your Ads and Keywords. Right now the way I am doing is exporting the ads as html format and emailing the reviewers to review the ads. If there are multiple reviewers it creates chaos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Loading of AdGroup takes a lot of time. I think a lot of time is being spent in loading Keywords and the UI seems to just hang

Loading of AdGroup takes a lot of time. I think a lot of time is being spent in loading Keywords and the UI seems to just hang

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Device targeting on Campaign level?

I want to target IOS for my ads. When Iook for help, I see this "If you use targeting, you should set your basic targets at the campaign level and then refine your targets at the ad group level."
    However, I can't find any compaign level targeting for Device. Am I doing something wrong? Or just the description is wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When viewing the keywords under a campaign, there is a Param1 column with little explanation for its purpose

What is the full purpose behind the param 1 column? I hovered over it and the explanation was still vague to me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the chat live button work in the chrome browser

Currently the chat live now button doesn't show up in the Chrome browser when you click on this link: http://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/contact-support This should be working properly, especially if our customers need help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use plain English in Ad Extensions UI

I was helping my advertiser create call extensions. The help message and the UI was unclear - I am still not sure if I can enable call extensions without having to provide a physical address. (My advertiser runs an online business and hence there's no physical store front.)

The filter text under "ad extensions" tab (see attached screenshot) is also confusing, at least for first-time users.
    "FILTER Status contains Active"?
    Do we mean "show ads that are active"? If so, why don't we use plain English? :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Appropriate editorial restrictions

Bing Editor - Appropriate editorial restrictions
    I've got a gambling client who targets UK only. In Bing Editor there's a multitute of bogus editorial restrictions because you cannot target gambling content in USA Canada. I'd like a change where if you're not targeting those countries the messaging does not come up as it is not relevant. Hundreds of ads, thousands of keywords are all working perfectly well but all with red crosses for markets i don't compete in. What that means is genuine problems are much ****** to detect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add 'Advanced Location' setting to Bing desktop tool

This Advanced Location setting is only available online and not in the desktop tool. I found out recently that the default Advanced Location setting can result in receiving a significant amount of traffic from countries you are not targeting.

It seems to me like this setting is too critical to not include in the desktop tool. Thank you for considering my request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How do we measure impact of Sitelinks on Bing Ads?

Which report allows you to evaluate the % of ads which used Sitelinks (at KW, Ads, campaign or Acct level) and let you judge the KPIs?
    We think it increases CTR by 30% but there is no quick way to verify this!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Amandine, we agree that those statistics would be very useful, and we’re working on a report called the “Ad Extensions Impact Report” which will let you see how your ads are performing when they are displayed with Ad Extensions as opposed to without.

Meanwhile, if you want to calculate this on your own, you can get close by running the “Ad Extensions by Ad” report and the “Ad Performance Report”. The “Ad Performance Report” includes the clicks and impressions from the Ad Extensions as well, so you can achieve the comparison you are looking for by subtracting the Ad Extensions by Ad data. This is a hassle, which is why we are working hard to release the “Ad Extensions Impact Report” as soon as possible!

Regarding your other question, about % of Ads using Sitelinks, you should be able to calculate this by running the “Ad Extensions by Ad”…

13. Drupal Module

DRUPAL MODULE (sorry if this exists but i just couldnt find it)- i have been searching for this for quite some time and have seen numerous requests but like google it would be great if there was a module for a bing that you just had to install, put in your code and off you go, conversions installed. Also a ncie addon would be like in a google module if a contact form was submitted that you could add details of the bing ad request to the bottom of the email a bit like this. This would encourage a lot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. reduce whitespace in bing ads editor

Reduce the amount of whitespace in the area where you edit ads, keywords, campaigns, etc. - http://screencast.com/t/1Zo50LtmPoe

Hard to see the rest of the interface on lower resolutions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pop out Warning Message when setting bid price over $10

I got 2 time setting wrong bid price , i want set 0.27 but accidently put $27 for my bid causing me lost $110 some keyword cost $8 per click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow All Keywords To Be Shown Across The Account

It is so frustrating that you're not able to see all your keywords at account level, and are having to constantly go into individual campaigns and ad groups just to find a keyword! This also makes it impossible to quickly search for duplicate keywords across all campaigns. I tried pulling a keyword report in order to do this which told me I had A LOT of duplicates, and then when i spoke to someone at Bing Ads, I was informed that the report had issues and was in fact wrong!! Exporting keywords out of Bing Ads Editor shows you your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bing Editor Feature required at Ad Group and Campaign level

We have Replace feature in both Keyword and Ad levels in Bing Desktop Editor. Similar REPLACE feature is required at Ad Group and Campaign level.

It would help us naming/renaming number of ad groups/campaigns quickly.

Thanks,
    Sham

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increase character limits for login credentials in Bing Ads Editor

Can't log in if your username is an email address because it is too long...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bing Ads Editor - Existing Negatives in the account appearing as un-synched when uploading new negatives

When uploading new negatives into an account - it shows other (previously synched) negatives as un-synced. These previously posted negatives which are bolded make it very difficult for us to work in Bing Ads Editor. We have been told this is designed this way to allow for storage, but this is not user friendly at all and in fact hampers productivity when we use the tool to upload negatives in bulk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Geo-targeting for keyword research on the BAI

As a marketer, having the ability to research keyword performance for targeted DMAs would be extremely helpful in estimating relevant costs and reach.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base