Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save View state after making advanced bid changes in Bing Ads Editor

I'm in Bing Ads Editor on the Keywords tab and I have a View selected (ie. Active). I select some keywords and click Advanced Bid Changes, adjust bids, and hit ok. The screen refreshes and the View is reset to All. This is annoying. The View stats should be saved until I change it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clicking Ad Groups In Left-Side Column Does Not Show Ad Group Specific Keywords/Ads On Right

When in the Bing Ads web-interface within the main "Campaigns" tab... there is a right-side column (gray background) that lists all available campaigns in the account, and each campaign can expand open to show the ad groups within.

If you click on one of the ad groups listed in the left-side bar column, and then try to view it's Keywords or Ads on the right (the data tables), the data that populates in the tables is NOT specific to the ad group you clicked on, but rather is an aggregate of all campaigns!

This never used to work like this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the device targeting on the content network. When specfically targeting desktops and laptops, I get almost exclusive mobile traffic.

Fix the device targeting on the content network. When specifically targeting desktops and laptops, I get almost exclusive mobile traffic. I even get feature phone traffic which is worthless!

I also get loads of non US traffic (Iran, Uganda are some) and I get charged for these clicks.

Your mobile and geo detection could use an upgrade. Its to the point now where I can no longer advertise until this is fixed :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Bing Category to Product Targeting Choices

It would be very helpful to target products in the New Product Listings Ads by the Bing Category name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Ad Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Quick View Performance By Device

Would be nice to get a quick view of this in the main interface rather than having to go to the reporting tab and download a performance report by device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. show campaign stats in IST

show campaign stats in IST rather than PST by default for all the campaigns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't require a new ad group when creating new campaign

Whenever creating a new campaign, it requires the user to create the first ad group as well. I do understand this is done to make it as streamlined and simple as possible for the least experienced users, but for those of us who do this all day, it is a hindrance to the workflow. I want to create a new campaign, save it, then go in and create the ad groups afterwards.

Maybe there can be an option for this in account settings, for which the current functionality will be default, but a second option would be to not require…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring the "open in new tab" or "refreshing" function back

It's really hard (more than usual) to optimize Bing Ads in a web browser since you've disabled the browserfunction "Open in a new tab" in your web-interface. It always brings the startpage instead of the linked page... working in multiple tabs is impossible!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In the campaigns page, I should be able to see the 'grayed out' Change status without having to select a campaing.

When a campaign is not selected, everything should remain grayed out, but I should be able to drop down to see the options (without having to click on a campaign to be able to see the options)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When selecting a monthly campaign budget, a warning occurs, which is not very helpful

The warning that occurs is not very helpful:
    Monthly budgets can run out before the end of the month, because they spend your budget as quickly as possible. We recommend that you use a daily budget to make sure that your ads show on every day of the month.

However, if you click on the ? link, that is helpful. I recommend that in the warning, you suggest to the users that they click this button to learn more about the warning.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve the scroll down experience while adding "Type" to Keywords

Improve the scroll down experience while adding "Type" to Keywords as it is almost impossible to add different "types" while scrolling down in the small window. Attach file for example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Ad Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. as an agent from bing ads a customer had made a suggestion to direct customer to the # for support when prompted with failed payment method.

customer had seemed frustrated that she had to dig and dig for support # vs. being prompted with support when failed paymen method added message was shown. Travis

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cost assumtions and suggestions

It does take a while for the first time users to figure out how to spend their money to achieve cost / efficiency balance, customize for themselves. I think that is crucial for SMB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let Franchisees and Franchisers advertise with PPC as a shared bid option!

Many times Franchisees and Franchisers both advertise in the same area. Both are a team but bid for ad space as competitors driving up the prices for both parties, when the real competition is the other companies. Please add a function that would enable both franchiser and franchisee to "team up" and share bidding for PPC ad space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to customise the colours of the editor

The editor often can sit on your desktop throughout the day. Having the ability to customise the colour, design etc. would make it much more personable and exciting to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We want to be able to use our number for all Ads.

Can there be a 3rd option for the call extensions. We want to have our number show up on all the Ads, not just for the smart phone. We do not like we have to use a number given to us by Bing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base