Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the ad extensions to be managed at the ad group level.

Allow the ad extensions to be managed at the ad group level since we can only manage extensions under campaign level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bing should have a tool for tracking IP addresses as we have chat tools. Which can help in tracking and tracing of clicks from BOTS

Bing should have a tool for tracking IP addresses as we have chat tools. Which can help in tracking and tracing of clicks from BOTS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notify new accounts of "temporary hold" instead of insisting they don't have a Microsoft account and they need to create a new one.

Three days after signing up and filling out my Campaigns, Ad Groups, Keywords and Ads. I tried to input my credit card. All of the information matched, card was good, and matched my account and business info. The next day I could not sign into my Bing Ads account. I kept getting emails to sign into my Bing Ads account, telling me that I only needed to put in my card or some payment info so my ads could start serving. When I followed this link, it said I did not have a Microsoft account. I specifically created a Microsoft…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ads Tool Intelligence

Ads Tool Intelligence could not applied in Vietnam for research keywords.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Report Interface is not exact for ad extension.

Report Interface is not exact for ad extension.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow vaporizers to be advertised

Bing should allow ads for vaporizers to run. There are viable medical patients around the country who need legitimate access to these devices. Vaporizers are lumped into the "tobacco" category when that is so far from the truth. These devices aren't used to smoke cancer causing, useless compounds like tobacco. They are used to smoke helpful herbal treatments that help many people with a variety of different diseases and illnesses!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Flickr.com a Website Placement option

Make Flickr one of the partners that user can force traffic to in campaign placement settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to manually update the Bing Wallpaper

Enable an option to manually update the Bing Wallpaper for Windowsphone Lockscreen. That can be placed in the Lockscreen settings as a new button when Bing is selected as the wallpaper.
    Also it can be palced on somwhere in Bing Search page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Advertising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Radius Targeting on BAE

For the time being, clients are only able to either choose location targeting or radius targeting. Unlike, on Google Adwords for example (screenshot attached) where the client can pick a radius targeted location and then just add it to an existing list of locations.

I have tried to import the radius targeting on existing locations in an account but I got the below error message:

"Cannot import the radius target because a location target already exists for the campaign"

I have had a client with this issue and it is rather inconvenient. Can we please have a look into this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Radius Targeting on BAE

For the time being, clients are only able to either choose location targeting or radius targeting. Unlike, on Google Adwords for example (screenshot attached) where the client can pick a radius targeted location and then just add it to an existing list of locations.

I have tried to import the radius targeting on existing locations in an account but I got the below error message:

"Cannot import the radius target because a location target already exists for the campaign"

I have had a client with this issue and it is rather inconvenient. Can you please have a look into this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keywords "Lan" is not the same as "Lån"

Hi. We advertise in Northern Europe. One keyword could be "lån" - this results in a lot of impressions and clicks on search phrases containing "lan". The first word meaning "loan" and the second "lan"-network. Drives down quality score and profitability of advertising on Bing. I can see that Bings estimates that there is exactly the same number searches for "lan" as for "lån", so the system treats them as the same word. Hope you can fix this soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove the new "Change account" pop up and change back to the traditional drop-down for selecting accounts.

The new Change account blue link on the Campaigns page of Bing Ads is absolutely not an improvement as it makes changing between accounts a lot less smooth and more time-consuming.

Perhaps this is fine for clients with a few accounts, but when you manage accounts for large agencies (70-100 accounts) it is really annoying.

Changing this back to the original drop down would be a great improvement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. change history comparison tool

Keyword/Ad change history comparison tool will automaticly pull in the data from when you made the change to the current date and compare it to the similiar previous time period. This would be a very dynamic tool and will let see the performance from before to after the change. So, say you changed a bid on 4/1 it will show you the performance data from after that date and compare it to same amount of time before the change. if you changed a different keyword on 4/2 it will do the same. If both keywords were in the same ad…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CPA tracking

Should be encouraged CPA tracking supported like facebook with SDK or Adwords with linked to Google Play.
    And many keywords should be changed cost at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Merge accounts with pubCenter

We already have a Microsoft account which also was linked to pubCenter. Well, we couldn't use the account with BingAds because of the previous. It will be correct, if one account can ouse all Microsoft services.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. products display ads show to Canadian web users should be only for companies based in Canada and should be in Canadian dollares

products display ads show to Canadian web users should be only for companies based in Canada and should be in Canadian dollares

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Optional forced line breaks in ad text!

It'd be nice if users had the option to create forced line breaks in ad text, rather than relying on auto-word wrap.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add multi-language support for broad match modifier

Broad match modifiers (+keyword) are often the best choice for campaigns. Please make this option available for languages other than English and French (at least in German and Spanish).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Match Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save View state after making advanced bid changes in Bing Ads Editor

I'm in Bing Ads Editor on the Keywords tab and I have a View selected (ie. Active). I select some keywords and click Advanced Bid Changes, adjust bids, and hit ok. The screen refreshes and the View is reset to All. This is annoying. The View stats should be saved until I change it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clicking Ad Groups In Left-Side Column Does Not Show Ad Group Specific Keywords/Ads On Right

When in the Bing Ads web-interface within the main "Campaigns" tab... there is a right-side column (gray background) that lists all available campaigns in the account, and each campaign can expand open to show the ad groups within.

If you click on one of the ad groups listed in the left-side bar column, and then try to view it's Keywords or Ads on the right (the data tables), the data that populates in the tables is NOT specific to the ad group you clicked on, but rather is an aggregate of all campaigns!

This never used to work like this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base