Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome, friends!  This is a place for you to suggest a feature you'd like added to Microsoft Advertising, or vote for those already suggested by your peers to help them rise to the top of this feed. To see if your feature is already live or someone else mentioned it already, do a keyword search in the search function below, or check out our library of Features & Releases. You can also send a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com if you prefer not to post to this forum.  

Looking for technical support or have an issue about something that didn't work according to expectations? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.   

Please keep in mind that it takes time to design, develop, test, and release new features, but we'll be sure to update entries when we announce or release updates based on your feedback. Also, note that choosing the right category will help route your suggestion more quickly. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cost assumtions and suggestions

It does take a while for the first time users to figure out how to spend their money to achieve cost / efficiency balance, customize for themselves. I think that is crucial for SMB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let Franchisees and Franchisers advertise with PPC as a shared bid option!

Many times Franchisees and Franchisers both advertise in the same area. Both are a team but bid for ad space as competitors driving up the prices for both parties, when the real competition is the other companies. Please add a function that would enable both franchiser and franchisee to "team up" and share bidding for PPC ad space.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Be able to customise the colours of the editor

The editor often can sit on your desktop throughout the day. Having the ability to customise the colour, design etc. would make it much more personable and exciting to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We want to be able to use our number for all Ads.

Can there be a 3rd option for the call extensions. We want to have our number show up on all the Ads, not just for the smart phone. We do not like we have to use a number given to us by Bing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable "Quality Penalty" to User account as well

Recently my ads were reviewed by Bing editorial team and they imposed a "quality Penalty" to my account which I am unable to view. I contacted bing support and they informed me about this.

It will be great if we, the user account can have this option so not only we can keep a check on the compliance factor and also make the changes accordingly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editorial Policy / Ad Quality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Speed up account set-up!!! Why does it take 24-48 hours!?!?

Why does it take 24-48 hours to get started!?!?

Like most people that decide to use Bing, I use Google Adwords a lot. There, you can open a new account and have ads running in 5-10 minutes. I opened an account early today and have spent the last 8 hours chasing around on forums, digging around in support and on the phone to different call centre staff of yours. All clueless as to why my ads aren't running, but now telling me it can 24-48 hours. The only suggestion they made that they say might solve this was to give…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Location extensions at adgroup level

I am setting location adverts (around 40 UK offices). I imported from adwords, but because bing adgroups only go off campaign level location settings, you cannot separate each location with adgroup, I therefore have no alternative but to create a separate campaign for each location, which is both time consuming, excessive and needless. Please add this simple adjustment, it makes sense.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Adam, thanks for posting your feedback about location extensions! I’m a little bit confused and hope you can help me so I can fully understand the feature suggestion.

I don’t believe that AdWords has location extensions at the ad group level rather they take the settings from the campaign level. What happened when you imported them from AdWords into Bing Ads?

What would you like the experience to be when you import location extensions from AdWords?

What is your goal/objective?

10. Bing Ads Editor Ad Extensions Tab Sitelinks - Unable to Revert Changes

Bing Ads Editor > Ad extensions tab > sitelink subnav.

Imported a campaign, Bing Ads Editor deleted my sitelinks. No big deal, just revert right? Wrong, there's no revert feature to undo the pending changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Microsoft Advertising Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Poor Payment Response for New Customer

There is incredibly poor payment response when making a new payment (possibly as a new customer) I have seen other complain of this a fair while ago, and still no fix. I just signed up and tried to put payment through, a single notification saying it will take a couple minutes... an hour later, still nothing... so i processed again thinking it didn't go through, still nothing, im fairly sure legally if your going putting card processing in a pending queue that long, you need to have some kind of 'pending' payment notification at a minimum... not good enough IMHO.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would love to be able to verify ad placement on Yahoo, like I do on Bing and Google.

I would love to be able to verify ad placement on Yahoo, like I do on Bing and Google.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Campaign quality score. What is it, how do I improve it?

Both G and MS tell me my quality score is low and break it down by 1) Expected CTR, 2) Ad relevance and 3) Landing page experience. The help on improving my quality score is also quite detailed on G, and MS is more of an overview. The instructions on MS are quite high level, and even if I could have access to change my landing page, there's nothing the help from MS has given me to improve the landing page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We should move away towards text explanations for certain concepts (keywords, ads, etc) and move towards tutorial (< 2 min) videos

I noticed when navigating the bing Ads UI that we had a ton of text that would describe what different terms meant, and how they fit into the scope of the business. I believe we could help our customers more by making a simple video that explains the concepts. I found AdWords' videos to be quite helpful. Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV6oo-4YrWs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sitelinks & Query String parameters

Could query string parameters ( < or > ) be compatible with Sitelinks destination url's as they are for classic ads in Search and RAIS ads format?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not in our plans right now  ·  0 comments  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show ad extentions as part of the ad create/preview process

It is unclear to me how ad extentions impact my ad. They are on a totally different screen than the ad, and they don't show up in my ad preview. I have no idea if they are being applied, unless I happen upon my ad while doing a search.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show campaign timezone in Ad Group Settings

For an ad group, you can select time of the day to show ads, but not the time zone. The campaign time zone is always used, but it is not displayed on the ad group settings page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding many keywords is much slower in MS than G (in Firefox).

Sorting on Keyword also takes 10x longer in MS than G.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop Evenly Splitting Campaign Budget Among Ad Groups

According to your phone reps, campaign budgets are split equally among ad groups. In other words, a campaign with four ad groups and a $100 budget is actually a campaign with four ad groups, each of which has a $25 budget, and will not share budgets. This is a terrible feature and needs to be changed. Either late us directly budget ad groups, or let all ad groups use all of the available budget.

And if this isn't the case, train your phone reps better.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base