Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email Extension

Currently, there is a call extension present in Bing Ads. This being especially an advantage for mobile users, it might be an idea to work on a communication extension that is very easy accessible and approachable for tablet, mobile devices and pc users. In short, this is the idea: email extensions. They would appear in the ad, and the costumer can click on them, which could potentially lead him/her directly to Outlook or other email applications. In this email, the company's email address would be filled in already. This way, companies can control which ads show which email address, so…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. We are exploring new extension that provides greater flexibility on how users can connect with businesses. Email is a great suggestion.

2. Ability to export Audiences in Editor/UI/BAM

Currently there is no ability to export remarketing data, and it is only visible if you navigate to the Audiences tab

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Columns have to be reorganized after EVERY filter parameter adjustment

Really, really, really annoying that every time I edit the parameters of of search filters that i have to reorganize the columns. Every. Single. Time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Frederick,

Can you please let me know which version of Bing Ads Editor(BAE) are you using (version number is shown at the bottom right of BAE)?

Also if you could send me an email at princeba at microsoft.com with the steps to reproduce this issue, it will greatly help us in troubleshooting.

Thanks

4. Remove call extension qualifications

I can't use a call extension because I haven't been advertising long enough. So, I don't have enough clicks, and I haven't spent enough money. This is non-sense. Advertisers should not have to qualify just to use a call extension. So, I'm calling for the removal of all qualifications regarding call extensions. Bing Ads are supposed to help me advertise, not get in my way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Ad Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. changes should be saved when clicking a different navigation item

Many improvements in the new desktop editor. Thanks!

New suggestion: If I'm in an adgroup, looking at ads and I change all of the destination URLs, if the next click is in the left navigation to get to a different adgroup/campaign or to see the KWs, it doesn't save any of my changes. It would be great if this were updated.

It's a waste of time to have to click somewhere in on the ads after making the change. The changes should be applied even if the subsequent click is on a different adgroup or keywords instead of ads, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Click and drag ad groups into different campaign.

I have an existing Bing account where some campaigns and ad groups already exist, top performing, but I'd now like to import my other google adgroups into existing campaign groups in Bing. Instead it creates a new campaign so I effectively have 2 campaigns for the same product category. Google Adwords Editor lets you click and drag. Much easier

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    When importing, if you change the campaign name in the source google file to the existing campaign (in bing ads account) where you want to import the ad groups then the ad groups will be added to the existing campaign, BAE will not create a new campaign.

You can copy and paste ad groups from one campaign to another within the same account or across different account in our latest version of Bing Ads Editor (BAE) (version 11) by either hitting Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V or by right clicking the item and selecting copy/paste from the context menu. We don’t have drag drop yet, but will be supporting that soon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

7. Use an order ID to minimize duplicate conversions

Currently, refresh of purchase confirmation page counts as one conversion, and Adwords's solution to that :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6386790?hl=en

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  UET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Editing, reverting, pausing, deleting keyword

I don't like when Bing Ads Editor refreshes the interface (making me lose my place) after editing a keyword.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gabe,

I tried what you mentioned above, but was not able to reproduce the issue. Can you please let us know which version of Bing Ads Editor are you using? Also would be great if you could let us know the exact steps you took.

Thanks!

9. Why can't you open/copy and paste from two accounts at once... This gets super annoying when making similar updates across multiple accounts

Why can't you open two accounts at once... This gets super annoying when making similar updates across multiple accounts when you cant copy and paste from account to account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Editor and Downloaded Files from Editor should reflect the same information

The editor states if an ad is rejected because of an inaccessible website. When downloaded, the editorial rejection simply reads that the ad or keyword or website violates Bing Ads editorial policies.

The editor as well as the downloaded export (copy to csv) file should reflect the same messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BAE- active ad groups filter

When hitting the Export Entire Account button in BAE, when you hit "active" for only active campaigns, its misleading because it still gives you non active ad groups. It would be nice to have an "active campaigns" and an "active ad groups" button for the export. The advanced filter seems to work differently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Call Extension Conversions

Currently in Google, you are able to stipulate that a phone call after 5 minutes is a conversion – but currently there is a way to do this on our platform. Ideally, my clients are hoping to be able to track conversions from the Call Extensions, rather than just having a call count.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve begun to investigate providing this feature and would like to hear more from those interested. Are you using call extensions already? If so, what percentage of your calls are over 5 minutes today based on the reports? If you aren’t using call extensions, is lack of this capability a blocker?

How are you using this feature on other platforms and how does it help with your search engine marketing optimizations?

13. This software is very slow

Hello, I don't have the fastest system but this software is very slow / lagging.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are seeing slow performance. Can you check what version of BAE are you using? If you are using version lower than 10.9.222.3670, can you please go to our download site (mentioned below) and install the newer version to see if the issue is resolved?

BAE download site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22260

If this does not help, can you please go to “Help” → “About Bing Ads Editor” → “Create Diagnostic File” and send me the generated .cab file at princeba@microsoft.com, so that we can further investigate?

Thanks,
    Prince

14. Hi! when i try to import data from google adwords it shows me ProtocolError. What could it be?

Hi! when i try to import data from google adwords it shows me ProtocolError. What could it be?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make an invoice for the entire month instead of multiple invoices for the month

I need to have an invoice per month all all the charges. For December for instance I have 7 different invoices per charge. I really need to have all that information on one end of the month invoice or statement.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Billing and Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. remember columns

Please remember the order of the columns I choose. For example, I pretty much always want to see the data in the following order: impr, clicks, ctr%, avg pos, avg cpc, spend, conv, $/conv, conv%.

If I look at campaign level, show that order. If I look at adgroup, ad the campaign column but still show the data in that order. If I look at keywords, ad campaign and adgroup columns but still show the data in that order. same goes for ads. I'm talking about the data specifically. It's fine to keep show other useful columns that are unique…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Clayton,

Thanks for letting us know. The columns order seems to be getting reset when pulling statistics; we will look into this. Other than this scenario, column order should be persisting, please let us know if otherwise.

Thanks

17. New keyword suggestions by Bing

When Bing give new keyword suggestions similar to our keywords and offer to include them in our campaign, and we add them, the CPC prices should not be saved at their recommended CPC bid price, rather the lowest price between our max CPC price enabled on our adgroup settings, or their suggested price

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve (Dutch) keyword suggestions in Research Keyword tool

The suggestions for alternative/new keywords on the Dutch Keyword Research tool are often not very helpful or not at all related to the keyword researched. Could you work on improving the language software?
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Indicate exact/phrase match types with " " and [ ] symbols

It would be much easier to see all keyword match types at a glance if the appropriate exact/phrase match-type symbols were used (" ", [ ]). I realize that match type can be indicated in a different column, but we should be able to see in one glance at a keyword what its match type is.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Campaign Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Don't suggest opportunities that won't meet your own editorial review

If Bing suggests an opportunity, it should not be something that the Bing editorial team says violates their own policy. That seems very counterintuitive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base