Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This software is very slow

Hello, I don't have the fastest system but this software is very slow / lagging.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are seeing slow performance. Can you check what version of BAE are you using? If you are using version lower than 10.9.222.3670, can you please go to our download site (mentioned below) and install the newer version to see if the issue is resolved?

BAE download site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22260

If this does not help, can you please go to “Help” → “About Bing Ads Editor” → “Create Diagnostic File” and send me the generated .cab file at princeba@microsoft.com, so that we can further investigate?

Thanks,
    Prince

2. Hi! when i try to import data from google adwords it shows me ProtocolError. What could it be?

Hi! when i try to import data from google adwords it shows me ProtocolError. What could it be?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Highlight changes in Bing Ads Editor

Highlight recent account changes in bold or colour when logging in to Bing Ads Editor so they can be quickly identified. Useful for instances where many members of an account team can be making changes and can get a handle on most recent edits

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save Column Headers in Bing Ads Editor. They reset everytime I blink.

It would be nice if there was a 'SAVE' button and some PRESETS maybe for column headings.

The column settings would be, seemingly, different for each of the tabs... so it should be saved on a per-tab setting. Also, they may be specific to a Campaign you want to look at a certain way, so perhaps having PRESETS with your favorite ways to look at certain tabs in certain campaigns would be great.

I don't care to see "Expected Click Through Rate" or "Landing Page Experience" -- I know what these are, but seeing them here MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Highlight changes in editor

Highlight changes in editor

When you have made changes online, hightlight them in the editor after "GET" changes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Flexible Start Times

I created a campaign and missed the point of setting the start time. Since the campaign was already created, I was not allowed to reset the start time. I now have to wait and remember to start the ad when I need to. I see no reason to prevent that time from being adjustable for any campaign.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Sitelinks to run at random...Instead of having to prioritize.

...and not have to prioritize. How can we know what performs best if we have to choose the ones that show? Make prioritization OPTIONAL.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "One or more of the bid values are less than the floor price?"

"One or more of the bid values are less than the floor price?" - Bid minimums are $0.05. Requiring these minimums on search and/or display when one is not being used creates confusion; and potentially this error requiring 30 minutes of support to resolve. Please make these bids elligable to set to 0.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. advanced search

In Bing Ads Editor, Advanced Search > Keyword > Does not contain... if I put multiple lines of phrases in the box, Bing Ads Editor does NOT use OR logic to filter out all lines in the textarea. For example, if I put:

restore
    repair

in the textarea, then use the Search box to search for restore, restore keywords appear! Annoying. Then search for repair. Repair keywords appear! Annoying.

So, your developers think it's a good idea to use AND logic for Does not contain which is inconsistent with the logic used when Contains is used. That's not only confusing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Import ID Colums within bulk import "multiple changes"

The bulk import "make multiple changes" ignors the colum ID.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Status of AdGroups in Desktop Editor Should Not Be Affected by Budget Pause

While working in Desktop Editor, I should see the status of an AdGroup (Active or Paused), instead of the current status. As of right now, all my AdGroups say Budget paused, which doesn't tell me which AdGroups are actually Active or Paused. Editor should NOT be affected by what's going on in the actual account in that way. The only way for me to tell is to click each AdGroup individually and look at the status column in the Edit Details pane, which is not efficient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bing should have a tool for tracking IP addresses as we have chat tools. Which can help in tracking and tracing of clicks from BOTS

Bing should have a tool for tracking IP addresses as we have chat tools. Which can help in tracking and tracing of clicks from BOTS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Bing Preview to support French in Canada. If you say French it forces Bing.Fr and if you set Canada as your location it forces English

Make Bing Preview to support French in Canada. If you say French it forces Bing.Fr and if you set Canada as your location it forces English

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When setting up target locations, allow users to draw a polygon on a map.

When setting up target locations, it would be great to allow users to draw a polygon on a map. My business had very specific instructions to target the East and West Coasts which meant I had to enter in every coastal state. That took a long time and in the process I accidently targeted Georgia the country instead of Georgia the state.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bing Ads Editor Add Manage Account Search Box

In Bing Ads Editor, Select Accounts > Add Accounts, Check "Show all available account". Attempt to search using the search box at the top.

1. It pressing the "Enter" key doesn't initialize the search. It should for better usability.

2. The search function simply does not work using criteria from ANY column.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If there was a way to make my advertising-dollars work 100%, I could spend more.

I would like to see more information gathering about what the consumer likes or dislikes about my product like Facebook. Without info about that how can I modify/target my product accordingly? Otherwise, I am marketing to consumers based on what, if someone only knows how to administer adCenter? How can I invest in a system that is similar to running an ad in the newspaprers and they are going out of business because the ads don't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Neil! Can you please give me a specific example of information you’d like to have available within adCenter?

17. Desktop tool - Create a copy destination URL from ads to keywords feature

Even Google doesn't have this. It would be extremely useful. And the opposite might be useful as well... meaning a copy destination URL from keywords to ads feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Desktop Assumes the Language of My PC's Operating System (I want to Choose the Language))

When Desktop is Downloaded, I am allowed to choose the language that I would like Desktop to function under. I chose English...and Desktop assumed the interface language of my PC's OS: French.

Very frustrating to have to learn the esoteric French terms for match type, etc.

I know this situation effects a small priority of Desktop Users. But in our world-wide economy, it would be nice to be able to choose the interface language for Desktop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Ad Editor for Mac!!!

Why does this still not work right?
    Since the initial beta release I have been hoping for the program to be usable.... almost 3 years later and it's actually worse than when it was released.

Things take way too long to load, the entire thing is clunky and SLOW, I mean SLOW.. it's a text based program there are no images and no html5 this should be lighting fast instead it can turn a 20 minute task into an hour+ task because of waiting on GUI load time or whatever else this program is doing.

We invest hundreds of thousands…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filter in Editor is broken - Negative keyword list name

the filter for Negative keyword list name is broken. I filter for List name = X, and it gives me all linds of list names. Same is I filter for list name contains X

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base