Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft Advertising suggestion box! Your feedback helps us understand how you use the product so we can improve your Microsoft Advertising experience. Suggest a new feature, enhancements to an existing feature, or vote on ideas that others have submitted. You can share your ideas with us by posting to this forum, or by sending a private e-mail to advertising-feedback@microsoft.com.

Looking for technical support? Please contact the Microsoft Advertising support team.

How can we improve Microsoft Advertising to create a better experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show ad extentions as part of the ad create/preview process

It is unclear to me how ad extentions impact my ad. They are on a totally different screen than the ad, and they don't show up in my ad preview. I have no idea if they are being applied, unless I happen upon my ad while doing a search.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bing Ads Editor Advanced Search Criteria New Line (Like Adwords Editor)

In Adwords Editor, the Advanced Search criteria text AREA allows the user to enter data on new lines. Any data entered in the text area uses OR statements. If multiple 'Criterion' are added, they use AND statements.

In Bing Ads Editor, the developers put a multi-line text area but it is misleading because it does not work like Adwords Editor does. If the +Add criterion link is clicked, this program logic uses an AND statement. There is NO way to perform OR statement advanced searches due to the fact that the text area functionality is not programmed in this way.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. all in one BING marketing software

Adcenter and Microsoft Publisher merger for an All-In-One Marketing software package

The world is becoming more digital and uses less physical published materials, publisher is never used because it lacks a lot of design power like products from Coral and Adobe and others, so its only logical to merge adcenter and publisher since they are trying to achieve the same goals which is marketing the business and its products. Marketing department are in need for an all-in-one marketing software package, a power software that allows them to develop, manage and analyse all marketing channels and activities rather than having to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adcenter and Microsoft Publisher merger

The world is becoming more digital and uses less physical published materials, publisher is never used because it lacks a lot of design power like products from Coral and Adobe and others, so its only logical to merge adcenter and publisher together with new features such as:
    1. sms/email marketing
    2. Search engine marketing (Bing and maybe Google too)
    3. Submission and tracking of video/static ads to online ad networks.
    4. Affiliate marketing engine (please view Adobe Business Catalyst affiliate marketing engine www.businesscatalyst.com/)
    5. Social media posting, Article marketing to blogs etc
    7. Submission and tracking of video ads…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Desktop tool - editing pane expand and collapse issue

The editing pane can be expanded and collapsed. The problem is when it's collapsed and the user clicks or selects any item in the main grid to either edit or simply to navigate within the main grid, the editing pane automatically re-expands.
    When navigating or selecting multiple rows, this is extremely counter--productive and frustrating.
    Just copy Google's AWE's functionality. Allow the editing pane to remain collapsed until I re-expand it. Why make it automatic when I don't want this???

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Desktop tool Copy and Paste keyboard shortcuts SEEM to work but don't.

When copying and pasting items, such as keywords, ad groups, etc. with the ctrl c and ctrl v keyboard shortcuts seems to work (screen/window flashes/refreshes), but then nothing happens. The paste doesn't actually work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Release new features on the web interface and the desktop program at the same time

For example, recently you enabled one to limit ads to bing and yahoo on the web interface but not the desktop program. The desktop lets us do everything in bulk so to not have new features available in the desktop doesn't make any sense.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Bing Ads Editor faster

The Desktop Editor is very slow and eats up too much time when working with it. Please make it more faster so that even activating/pausing ads does not take one hour.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Account Tree Filter/Campaign Column Filter

Add campaign search in the sidebar - It would be easier to filter campaigns to select the ones needed.
    In the AdWords Editor it looks this way:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Ad Groups To Be Imported From AdWords, Not Just Campaigns

We've heard the ability to import at the ad group (as opposed to campaign) level directly from AdWords is "coming soon". When can we expect that enhancement?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Duplicate Keywords tool lacks keywords selection functionality

Duplicate Keywords tool misses keywords selection functionality like Adwords Editor has.When you have thousands of duplicates generated in account it takes just a few clicks in Adwords editor to remove it. In Bing Editor it's impossible to execute in a non-manual way without third party tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bing Ads Editor

Helpful feedback: The newest version of Bing Ads Editor takes forevvveerrr to load and display my campaign. Very “clunky” feeling to it. Previous versions (running on my same
    Windows 10 PC) used to load and allow me to display my campaigns very quickly. But this new-fangled version (new design within the last month?) requires a lot more click and “struggle” to actually load my campaigns to the point where I can start working.
    I know that’s hard to describe, probably too vague. But from a “ user experience “ point of view, I thought I should mention it to your…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jenna,

We apologize for the issue you are seeing. Can you send below listed details at bingads-feedback@microsoft.com so that we can further investigate?

1. What is the version of Bing Ads Editor (BAE) you are using today where you are seeing latency?
    2. What is the pervious version of BAE which did not have latency issues?
    3. When you say BAE takes a long time to load, I am assuming that that starting up BAE for the first time, are you seeing latency when performing other operations as well?

Thanks for your help.

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bulk negative locations

In Bing editor for Mac - adding bulk negative locations doesn't work. Says the locations are invalid but there is no way for me to edit them. Tried with codes as well as full location names.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I cannot move keywords from 1 ad-group to another!

Moving Keywords between Ad-Groups

The new editor looks great but I cannot move keywords from one group to another.

Some keywords should be in another more related group so I have to manually delete then create the keyword again rather than drag and drop.

Come on Bing, this is basic stuff.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amish,

You can select the keywords and copy/paste the keywords from one ad group to another by either hitting Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V or by right clicking the item and selecting copy/paste from the context menu. We don’t have drag drop yet, but will be supporting that soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks

17. Edit date range

You should include the possibility to select not only start date but also the end date of the custom date range. At the moment you can only choose start date and default end date is today.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Editing, reverting, pausing, deleting keyword

I don't like when Bing Ads Editor refreshes the interface (making me lose my place) after editing a keyword.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gabe,

I tried what you mentioned above, but was not able to reproduce the issue. Can you please let us know which version of Bing Ads Editor are you using? Also would be great if you could let us know the exact steps you took.

Thanks!

19. Make Bing Shopping be available in Bing Ads Editor

Since there are many Shopping campaigns to be uploaded or needs to be edited, we hope that it can be downloaded in Bing Ads Editor so we can change it in bulk

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import feature is garbage

You can actually make the import feature work correctly so it does not overspend your campaign by 10X the amount you were expecting. I imported 50 or so campaigns from adwords and two of them it took the entire state instead of a 20M radius around a city and overspent nearly $6000 over 90 days. You should also not benefit when your code fails to do what it advertises. I suggest to all bing advertisers to NOT use the import feature unless you are prepared to meticulously scrutinize every setting. It simply does not work right and when it fails,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Advertising Feature Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base